Sunday, February 19, 2006

The 12 'American Idol' Guys - Who Will Go Home?

In my last entry, I focused on the girls/women in the 'American Idol' Top 24. They will sing on Tuesday night and the guys will sing on Wednesday's show. Now, I'm finding it hard to call this group either men or boys. With the women, the age variance isn't such a big deal. But, with the guys, it looks like grown men are competing with young boys. I actually like this whole group for different reasons. (As long as the Brittenum Twins are nowhere in it!) Will the show fans separate the men from the boys on Thursday night's result show? Will age matter? Will fan bases rule the voting? I guess we'll just have to wait, huh...



My thoughts? This is going to be a toughie for me. Unlike their female counterparts, there isn't even one I outright dislike due to personality. So, let's get it on...

Ace Young: Will be in the Twelve Finalists. Not my favorite, but the online buzz seems to be liking him a lot.

Bobby Bennett: He's only 19? I thought he was older. Alas, I don't believe he'll be in the finals.

Gedeon McKinney: Although I think he's very talented, don't think he'll be amongst the Treasured Twelve slots.

Jose "Sway" Penala: He seems to "sway" judges, but will he sway the voting public? I don't think so.

Bucky Covington: I like him. I like him a lot. I don't think he's got the fan base to make the cut, though. Out before the 12 chosen.

Chris Daughtry: I'm on the fence with Chris. May or may not make it to the 12 -- doubt overall winner.

Kevin Covais: Will make it to the 12 Finalists, but not much more than that. (He's adorable in his own way and sings great -- just don't think the show fans will make him a top runner.)

Patrick Hall: Another on the fence. I think he should be in the Top 12 due to talent, but not sure if the voters will get him in there.

David Radford: How cute is he? He'll make the cut for the 12 Finalists, but will the voting public go for a crooner in the long run? I dunno.

Elliott Yamin: Hmmm... don't believe he'll make the cut, but I could be wrong. I don't see a strong fan base out there for him.

Taylor Hicks: The most distinct in both talent and looks. He's a shoe-in for Top 12, may take it all.

Will Makar: Oh, my... I'm having flashbacks to Peter Brady! He'll get the votes to make it to the 12 Finalists, but won't be THE American Idol.

So, there are my predictions. I'm still hung up on the age bit. Is it fair to pit a Will Makar at 16 against a Taylor Hicks at 29? Probably not, but that's 'American Idol.'

Who are you rooting for? Who's going home on Thursday when the first two get sent packing?

No comments: