Sunday, February 19, 2006

Are We There Yet? I Want My 'Amazing Race'!

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this season of 'The Amazing Race.' Last season was okay; it kept me sort of kind of entertained. But, it wasn't the thrilling 'Amazing Race' I've encountered in past seasons! The new season premieres a week from this coming Tuesday and I'll be anxiously awaiting it here. I've already taken a closer look at each of the teams and poked around for what I can find on the web. I'm ready! If you're a big 'TAR' fan and you don't want to muddle through the blog for my 'Amazing Race' entries, they're all listed for your convenience at 'Amazing Race 9' Blog Entries.

In the meantime, here is some Amazing Race related "schtuff" --

THE REAL RACE Australia - Inspired by the amazing race, a luxury adventure tour that will revolutionize the way people travel... -- um, no. I'll pass, thank you. (Although it sure sounds spiffy keen.)

Fame & Fortune: Uchenna and Joyce Agu -- An interview with Joyce and Uchenna from 'The Amazing Race 7' -- Very interesting read. I had forgotten how much I really liked these two.

New York Post Online Edition: entertainment -- Need registration to review the whole article, but it goes into the actual cost of running the race out of your own pocket using TAR7 as its basis. An excerpt: "Between planes, trains, automobiles, rickshaws, boats, horse-drawn carriages, lodging, and travel visas each "Amazing Race" fan would have to shell out around $11,000 to run the 30-day, 40,000 mile course around the world with stops in South America, Africa, India, Europe and the Caribbean."

The Amazing Race: Here We Go, Baby, Off to Win a Million Bucks! - TV.com -- Not a heck of a lot there yet, but a few destination spoilers.

TARflies Times: a place for fans of The Amazing Race -- Always a great site to visit once the race is up and, well, running. They didn't like last season, though!

The Amazing Race 6 - The Official Site of Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller -- Eww! Jonathon likes BJ & Tyler, Jeremy & Eric, Ray & Yolanda and Lake & Michelle. Hmmm... if memory serves, I thought (with dread) that one of the couples would be Baker-ish. Eww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reality Minute - Amazing Race All Stars CLICK LINK BELOW!
http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/reality_minute.php
It was mayhem on the Amazing Race All Stars last night. Drama drama drama mixed with a car race, a foot race and Rob and Amber coming in first yet again to prove why they are so good on Reality TV. With that said Mary outwitted all the other teams! Kevin and drew proved to be poor sports. Come take a listen to how it all came together.