Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh, NO! Wednesday Night DILEMMA!

What are they trying to do to me tomorrow night? I am TIVOless. I have a VCR.

Okay, the Grammy Awards starts live at 8 PM ET (my time zone).
'American Idol' is on at 8 PM ET
Hmmm... watch 'Idol' while taping the Grammys. That's not so difficult, right?

The real dilemma starts at 9 PM.
LOST is a new show, gotta watch hands down no other way.
'Bones' -- I've been taping this as I watch 'Lost' live.
Grammy Awards.
Argh. 'Lost' wins for the live watch, Grammy Awards gets taped, poor 'Bones' loses out.

Then comes the 10 PM hour...
'Law and Order' new episode vs. Grammy Awards. Oh, perhaps I'll watch the last hour of the awards live and tape 'L&O'.

The next dilemma... finding time to watch my tape! Sigh. Sunday ends up being my tape watching day and I don't want to wait. Darn it all to heck!

The big question for folks -- are you going to watch 'Lost' as it airs or the Grammy Awards while taping 'Lost'?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, may I just say I think I enjoy your blogs as much as any TV show!!!! Thanks!

Jackie S. said...

Why, thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

My Wednesday is simple: The Secret Life of..., Olympic Zone, The Biggest Loser: Special Edition. I'm afraid you've overcommitted yourself, Jackie...oh well...

Anonymous said...

Not a problem for me. As I said before, I gave up on Lost...it Lost me a few episodes back. I absolutely love Bones...that's a for sure watch and I'll flip back and forth to the Grammys to see if anything interesting is going on. I almost never watch award shows live...much less beginning to end. They're all so over the top boring the last several years that I don't even miss not seeing them. Dang, that makes me sound old.

Anonymous said...

Jackie you should do I what I do. I got myself the Comcast DVR (tapes 2 shows) and two VCR's.

At 8pm I will DVR the Grammys and watch American Idol. American Ballroom championship I will tape it at a different time.

At 9pm I will still be DVRing the Grammys and I will DVR Lost. I will tape Bones on my VCR.

When you tape the awards shows, you can always fast forward through the commercials and the boring speeches. So a 3 hour show can be cut down to 1 hour.

Keep on blogging. Love it