Wednesday, August 16, 2006

'The Amazing Race 10' Teams

The Amazing Race 10 will premiere on Sunday, September 17 at 8:30 PM ET/PT in most viewing areas. The show's official CBS website is up and running with the teams and bios. As always, although I've been boggled with BB live feeds through the summer, I'll be blogging TAR with show recaps, east coast show night spoilers bulletins and news I gather from online sources. I hope some of you hang around for the fall show season discussing them, too. I plan to cover Survivor and I'm thinking about actually trying to cover Lost this season, as well. Here's to the fall show season!

The TAR 10 Teams:
Best Friends: Bilal, age 37, a medical supply technician and Sa'eed, age 39, a power lineman. Both are from Cleveland, Ohio. And, shades of Kaysar Ridha... both are from the Islamic faith and claim vastly different personalities.

Married Parents: David, age 32, a coal miner and Mary, age 31, a homemaker. Both hail from Stone, Kentucky. They met while working together at McDonalds a decade ago. They're not well-traveled although David traveled a bit while in the Army.

Father and Daughter: Duke, age 52, a tour company owner and his daughter Lauren, age 26, a speech and language pathologist. Both are from Warwick, Rhode Island. Another parent/adult child team hoping to recapture the closeness.

Best Friends: Dustin (it's a female Dustin), age 25, reigning Miss California and marketing director from Riverside, California. Kandice, age 24, reigning Miss New York and a Rockette. She's hailed as being from New York. Oh, obligatory blonde bombshells!

Brothers: Erwin, age 32, insurance company manager and Godwin, age 28, a financial analyst. Both are from San Francisco, California. Erwin is a Harvard grad and both brothers are over-achievers and ambitious. And both were given funky names by their parents! I know. I'm mean. It's probably better than naming your kid "Apple."

Best Friends: Kellie, age 22, a broadcast journalism student and Jamie, age 22, a recent college grad. Both are from columbia, South Carolina. Highly competitive and co-captains of the University of South Carolina's cheerleading squad. Lots of best friends this season, huh?

Best Friends: Lyn, age 32, a fourth-grade teacher from Birmingham, Alabama. Karlyn, age 32, a program analyst from Helena, Alabama. Friends since they were in 9th grade and, while not well-traveled, they believe they're resourceful. Chalk up another best friend team.

Friends: Peter, age 35, a clinical prosthetist from Laguna Beach, California. Sarah, age 31, a motivational speaker from Trabuco Canyon, California. Just friends, mind you. But with Iron Man competition backgrounds and Sarah with an artificial leg. Note what Peter's work is. This could be a very strong team indeed.

Dating: Rob, age 31, bartender and real estate student from Los Angeles, California. Kimberly, age 28, in public relations and also from Los Angeles. Is this our obligatory model/actor wannabe team? They're looking to prove they belong together. Okay, gag me now.

Dating: Tom, age 39, a college admissions director and Terry, age 45, a special events director. Both are listed as from New York City, New York. Here's the gay couple for the season. They think they're feisty, fun-loving and playfully nitpick at each other and want the race to prove they belong together. Okay. Will they out-fun the Cha-Chas?

Best Friends: Tyler (not last season's Tyler), age 29. a model and James, age 27, also a model. Both are from Los Angeles, California (at least now). They've both been through rehab, for exactly what I don't know. They're the eye-candy for women this year.

Best Friends: Vipul, age 29, is in sales and his female friend Arti, age 27, is a nutritional director. Both are from Windemere, Florida. They both speak several languages and are well-traveled.

So, those are the teams. An overwhelming amount of best friend teams this season, for sure. I see more cultural and ethnic diversity in the cast this season, but less age diversity. Twelve teams is a bit more than the norm, hmmm... not sure what to make of that. I'm getting psyched for the season ahead after a lackluster (in my opinion) season of Treasure Hunters I tried to use for my Amazing Race fix.

Pardon the non-Big Brother interruption. You may return to your regularly scheduled blog now. Or, at least when I next update the feeds reports!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did u mention about kaysar and tar???

Anonymous said...

I agree that Treasure Hunters was a very poor replacement.

Thanks for keeping the juicy detail flowing... for BB & AR!

Jackie S. said...

Anon @ 3:48 - Exactly what I posted. "Shades of Kaysar Ridha" - meaning an Islamic faith team - perhaps because Kaysar was so popular.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie, for the TAR info!!! Really looking forward to another great race. I too, thought Treasure Hunters was lacking in a major way. I really liked The Mole when it was on, even the celebrity ones. AND I think if you have the time to blog Lost, that would be fantastic.

Thanks again

Rae

Anonymous said...

nssI really hope that you do LOST. That would be great Jackie!

Quixoticelf

Anonymous said...

Vipul is my coz and Arti is his wife. I'm so excited to see them on the show. He hasn't told me what place he got...Divyesh605

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading all about big brother and I always agree with you. I hope Janelle wins.
I'm looking forward to your outlook on Amazing Race 10, survivor and lost! you do a great job keeping us updated!
Judy

Jackie S. said...

Divyesh605 - Cool! CBS has them listed as best friends unless I loused that up. But, of course, the best married couples are also best friends. I hope they do well and, once the season starts, remember to take comments on message boards with a grain of salt. Some posters can be brutal.

As for blogging Lost - I love the show, but haven't attempted it because of all the clues. But I think I'll give it a try this season. I'm also curious to see Jericho.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love your blog...I read it all through last year and now this year's BB7. As for TAR, I am excited about the cast!

While Treasure Hunters had its problems, I must say I like how the clues were not just spoon fed to the teams. I wish TAR had the teams figure stuff out more rather then just give them directions, do task A, then go to point B etc.

Should be fun...glad you're going to blog it!

Alle

Anonymous said...

Also being a TAR fan, I appreciate the update. It's amazing (so to speak) that many other reality show stars would like to be on TAR and they have won a few emmys yet the show doesn't draw in the huge viewers that Survivor draws in. I would love to see more reality stars on TAR and not the "disliked" ones like Rob, Amber and Alison but more likeable ones (like Kaysar or Jannell or Terry from last years Survivor)

paulette said...

Jackie, I enjoy your blog so much. I'm glad you're going to do TAR and if you start doing Lost, I am willing to start watching it.

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

As I mentioned in a previous comment, LOST is my all-time favorite show. I even got my 72 year old father hooked on it last year! I am delighted that you are considering Blogging it. PLEASE DO! I would love to see the feedback from other fans in a forum such as yours.
I have watched BB since the first, but just found you this year. Keep up the good work.
SSW (female, hee hee)

Anonymous said...

YAY.........it's almost TAR time!!
I LOVE this show,it's my all time favorite(with the exception of the "family" version)show!! I will be here checking in with you,of course!! Cheering on BJ/TYLER last season with you was great!! At least "our" team won that one..LOL.

AND,we have a Cleveland team...and I'm a western suburb of Cleveland,so that will be interesting.

I was really looking forward to Treasure Hunters and was somewhat disappointed,but still LOVED all the historical facts it gave. I hope maybe they could tweak it,but not sure it will even be coming back.And,like another poster,I loved "The Mole" and was so unhappy when they dumped it. Also LOVED that yummy Anderson Cooper..
whoohoo!!But bring on TAR,I am so ready for it..!

Oh,hope the "Geniuses" DON'T win on TH but it kind of looks that way. I really dislike that blond in their team,he was mean and annoying! I like Air Force to win!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
If the show is shorter than the HG thought. They go crazy to find out they will not get as much $ in the S House. Especially the ones that are planning on the $ for the full weeks. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Fan in LA (Louisiana that is)

Deeds said...

Thanks for the info. I too, thought Treasure Hunters was a poor generic replacement for TAR. I can't wait till the new season starts!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for TAR to start, thanks for the info!

~Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie...Thanks for the TAR update. I've been checking the website pretty frequently and noticed nothing had been updated. Over the last couple of years, TAR has become my FAVORITE reality show. I really dig the roadblocks & detours aspect of the race. I was screaming at the top of my lungs when Uchenna was taking his time trying to pay the cab driver at the finish line. I thought for sure Rob & Amber were going to come down that driveway at any second. I really had some issues that race! Obviously I'll been pulling for my hometown boys Bilal & Sa'eed this coming fall. We had a really great turnout when the TAR staff come to town looking for possible participants. I wish them much luck. Yeah Treasure Hunters I felt got a bit slow at times. I'd like to see team Air Force win because I think they've consistently performed the best throughout the treasure hunt. Talk to you soon SWEETIE!
Tony

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
I think you are a fantastic writer and look forward to your blog every day. I can't believe you like all of the same shows as me, because I really thought I was somewhat of a freak to be addicted to so many. I have never missed a BB season and love The Amazing Race, Survivor and Lost. I will meet people who like one or two of these shows, but never all four!

Oh yeah, and we have the same name! And I have a kitty named Zoe and a niece named Tawny. I thought that was funny!

Do you also like The King of Queens and Boston Legal? What about Desperate Housewives? The Office? Those are more of my favorites, but I don't get crazy when I miss one like I do with the first four I mentioned.

I hope someone big sees your talent and that you can get a cush job working in television. It is clearly your passion. (If you don't do something in television already) Wouldn't surprise me.

Jackie from NY

Jackie S. said...

Jackie from NY - Hey, I'M Jackie from NY! (I was transferred to NJ for work, but am from NY originally.) Neat about the Zoe and the Tawny! I "met" the graphics Zoetawny through AOL TV message boards where I hosted for years. It's AOL's fault I got hooked on BB the first season!

With the exception of Desperate Housewives which I never got into at all, I watch the other shows you mentioned occasionally. I'm a CSI, David Letterman, Law and Order, American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, Hell's Kitchen, Lost and Big Brother avid watcher. Sometimes I find the time to read, too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, forgot about American Idol and Hell's Kitchen. I love those too! I was crying with Heather the other night--I was so happy she won! She definitely deserved it. I also cried when BJ & Tyler won The Amazing Race. They were by far my most favorite team to have ever won that show. (I also liked the clowns from a few years ago and Rob & Amber were great--love that Rob!) So funny.

I don't know why, but I have never seen a full episode of CSI. I just never got into it and felt that I liked enough other shows that I didn't need to get sucked into one more.

And to think I don't have cable tv--I just get 5 channels!

Oh yeah, I wanted to clarify that I live in the state of New York, not the City. But my name is still Jackie. I actually live in a suburb of Rochester called Irondequoit. Just in case you wanted to know!

Jackie from NY

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I also feel the need to tell you that I am rooting for Will to win again. Much to my friend Peg's chagrin. She thought he shouldn't even have been considered to be on again since he won before.

He IS the puppetmaster and continues to amaze me.

Jackie from NY

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to rad your blogs on lost. I love reading the b stuff. i also watch survivor but have not read your blog on that. you have me as a loyal reader and commenter if you start lost.