Monday, August 14, 2006

Some Answers to Questions in Comments, Etc.


Yes, I know I could respond to comments by commenting myself in the comments. But, I have the "secret power" to overthrow the comments and make an entry. I call it the Coup d'Entree. Er, wait... I was watching Hell's Kitchen and have entrees on my mind. (Yay! Heather won!)


Never mind.

Since some things keep coming up, I'll answer them the best I can.

Several folks are unclear on the Coup d'Etat. Well, so am I. I don't think BB has been overly clear about it. But here's what I do know:
  • The saying put together from the clues is to be a "common saying which could apply to the Big Brother house/show." Now, that doesn't mean something specific from within the show. Thus, Mike Boogie's "You reap what you sow" fits. Female sheep = ewe, large thread spool and needle (sew) and the appearance of the Grim Reaper (reap).
  • Julie Chen's exact words to us were: "Whoever wins this power will have the ability to overthrow the HoH and replace their nominations on the spot at any of the next three evictions. The Coup d’Etat has an added twist, though, as only the winning houseguest will know what they have won, and the power will remain secret until it is used."
  • Julie Chen's exact words to the houseguests were: "Beginning tonight, there is a new power up for grabs that could completely change the course of the game. But, only the person who wins it will know what it is and it will remain a secret to everyone until it is used. Here's how you can win this power: Over the next few days, you'll be given clues to a well-known phrase that applies to the Big Brother game. Once you think you know what the phrase is, you will disclose your answer in the privacy of the Diary Room. The first person to answer correctly will win this power and could make Big Brother history by shaking up the game like never before.But, be careful. You will only have one chance to give your answer so please be 100% sure. The winner will find out who they are and just exactly what this special power is one week from tonight."
  • So, yes... if Mike Boogie won it, he MAY know he won - she told the HG and us two different things. But he has no clue what it is that he's won. That's for sure.

An anonymous commenter (please sign off with a name at the end of your text so I won't be calling so many "anon") asked how Kaysar was on Regis and why wasn't he sequestered. And, then asked if anyone is coming back.

My thoughts on those questions: I don't think any of the houseguests will be returning this season even though the houseguests think so. We already have more houseguests left than weeks left of the show and I think we'll see a week of a double eviction. I really have nothing to base this on but my own observations, looking at the schedule and such.

Smokey wanted to know if Erika and Mike Boogie are really a couple.

From what's been said and done on the feeds for more than the last few weeks, I do think they're close, if not indeed a couple. Even a pre-season interview with Erika's ex Sloshie... er, Josh... said they're very good friends. So, perhaps some is an act for cameras or the never-ending quest for "good TV!" - but I think there's something there.

Penny asked what Erika and Danielle guessed as the saying for the Coup d'Etat.

They both went with "Do Not Assume" using Dolly, the cloned sheep and Dolly, the ex-houseguest, along with the real sheep. George guessed "Expect the Unexpected."

Anonymous @ 12:44 asked, "Am I the only one who likes James and Danielle?"

Yes, you are.

Heehee! No. I see a lot of support for both players out there. I personally don't care for James at all, but I think Danielle is one of the best players ever at the game.

Kelly mentioned that the competitions producer is new this season.

Yes, waah! My only real Big Brother connection, Jym Buss, left the show after last season. He was there since about BB3, if memory serves.

Arlene wondered why the Spy Cam in the HOH Room isn't utilized.

They actually do use it. Danielle was very into it, more so than Janelle. There are some time guidelines for using it - no more than a half an hour, but I don't know how often they can use it. Of course, it doesn't see everywhere and has no audio. So, at times it could help, but sometimes it's best to just go see what's going on for yourself.

Kelly asked who in the house I'd say would relate to me or be like me (or something like that - and she asked everybody, not just me).

Yipes! None of the ones this season. If anyone, mind-wise but not style or fashion or tattoos, I'd say Nakomis. Of the ones left, I'm more like George - hopefully not as goofy-acting in public.

Petals is outraged (a bit) and thinks the show is/may be rigged. She wants to know if I, as a buyer of feeds, feel I should get a refund.

Nope. I think it's steered a bit more than actually rigged. I think they have their hands full with this group of houseguests. These HG know the rules, the tricks, are spoiled, demanding and push the limits. In a way, the HG do have power. They could wreck the show and the livelihoods of all who are employed by the show. So, I think we're seeing more intervention, more blocking of feeds due to the HG actions and words, etc. My own key questions regarding the value of the feeds... am I entertained? Is it worth the 30 cents a day (whatever) that I would waste on fattening stuff or something? Yes, they're worth it. No, I don't want a refund.

Sue wondered if Woogie ever seem sincere or are they playing to the live feeds and cameras.

Yes and yes.

Lili commented on what a great community this is, folks talking about the show, folks not fighting and how much better it is than many BB message boards.

:-) My blog for last year's show had many of the same commenters and there are tons of new ones. It was like this last year, too. Every now and then there may be a skirmish, but I try to stop them. But, 99% plus it's just fantastic. I guess WE'RE the All Stars, eh?

Petals also wondered if where she lives is anywhere near where I live.

I don't think so. I think where you are is Northern Jersey and I'm Union County. I'm not originally from here, so unless I've gone through a town for work or just wandering (or lost), I don't know a lot of the towns.

Okay, the last question had nothing to do with the show. You may draw a big red X over it on your monitors with a Magic Marker.

Or not.

Another report will be posted covering the evening events, so stop on back!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewe(sheep) and eye(needle & thread) to the end(grim reaper) C'mon people that saying has been used in previous seasons -not you reap what you sew.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie thanks for all your
updates, quick question, have
janelle or howie made a guess
yet? thanks again

Mick from louisville, KY

Jackie S. said...

Anon @ 11:23 - It only has to be a common saying which could be applied to the show, not anything that's necessarily been in the show. I think Mike nailed it.

Mick from Louisville - Janelle guessed the same or similar to Mike, but may have messed it up - possibly "you sow what you reap." I'm not sure if Howie made a guess or not as of this time.

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE CLUES LEAD TO THE PHRASE:
"YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DIARY ROOM"

EWE/YOU NEEDLE/NEED GHOUL/DEATH/DIARY

CLUES ARE ALWAYS IN ORDER YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW IS NOT IN THE ORDER OF THE CLUES.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, Thanks for the post...now go watch what just happened so you can explain it to me/us. Cake was involved.

BB sure has a death theme this time, cemetery plots, ghosts, grim reaper.

I think the fun part will be watching the Coup winner decide when to use the power. That might make them freak out not wanting to use it too soon. Like what if they change the noms and find themselves up the next week? They would be wishing they had waited wouldn't they? So to use or wait will be eating away at them.


Your friend did great comps, I remember how kind he was to answer questions. I think the meaner ones this year come from BB and not the builder of sets. That reminds me, there were other death rays like getting struck by a meteor.

When all 3 clues are seen, the Reap what you sow is pretty easy. Would BB want it to be easy? Maybe they were afraid none of them would get it otherwise. As far as I know Janelle and James have not guessed. Probably no reason to, but still.... wondering.

Thank you, Sue

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* Jackie.... thanks for ruining Hell's Kitchen for me! Not all of us are in your time zone :(

Thanks for your blog though.

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie! I've been reading everyday, but just had a moment to post. So glad you are doing this. Thaks so much. I don't always have time to read the live feed posts. It's also nice to see some of the same posters! Hello all! Well, Jackie, I do think that James is a snake. I miss Kaysar,and I hope Janelle wins it all! JMO folks! I think I may actually be liking Chilltown! Aargh!!

quixoticelf

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie -
You are awesome!! You are fast becoming a celebrity in these-here parts!!
Didnt you just LOVE hell's Kitchen tonight... They both did great!
Anyway - on to BB -
Lets hope next week is a double eviction and james and danielle get kicked out on their butts!!
thanks again for another great season of inside info and great blogging!
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Oh and Kaysar on Regis was just annoying...
Not kaysar, everyone else!
they were calling him Kay-ZAR
and regis had no clue what BB was about and told him he didnt watch the show and kelly was just as useless.
Jackie - you should have been there interviewing him!!! You know what we want to know!!
Oh and kaysar said something about james striking against them before they had a chance to strike against him - What do you suppose he meant by that? It didnt seem to me that they knew what james was up to - Kaysar looked shocked when Julie told him...
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

I think the correct wording is
"as you sew, so shall you reap" that is something I have heard all my life.

Anonymous said...

Forget that last post. the correct phrase is "for what you sew, so shall you reap"

Anonymous said...

I think the whole "correct" way of saying you read what you sow is overthinking. I am sure they are using the most "lay" way of saying it, not the formal bible version or anything. JMO.


I am going to guess that whoever gets the gist FIRST will win it. I am going to guess that they aren't going to disqualify someone because they used "you don't" instead of "thou shall not"

Anonymous said...

Sue...the coup winner over throws HOH so they pick new noms and won't go up.

Miko in KC

Anonymous said...

I know these questions are probably stupid and have probably already been answered, but, what are they talking about when they say they are being "sequestered"? They are already sequestered with no phone, t.v., radio, etc. Also, what does the jury do? I am sorry I am so ignorant to this. I started watching it only last year just don't remember those details. Anyone can help me, I would appreciate it! Thanks to all, I love everyones comments.

Anonymous said...

Sequester means that once they are voted out, they go to another house to become the "jury". The jury votes on the final two to decide who wins the final game. I "believe" everyone kicked out from now on is part of the jury

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Most of what you read here hasn't been on the air yet...bur here you come to see whats going to happen b4 it's put on tv. Know the outcome of your shows can't be that big a deal to you.

Miko in KC

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:00 a.m.

Thanks so much for clarifying that for me. I had no clue. Vivian

monty924 said...

Thanks, Jackie. You continue to rock the Blogs and it's the reason I check your's first. You keep it in perspective.

I'm a S6 fan but, I have a feeling it will be Boogie or Will with either Jani or Danielle to the end. Keep the comments coming. I think I've said it before but, I have to repeat, your headline/titles are awesome. I loved the headlines to posts on your AOL blog last year. I've been hooked ever since.

Hugs, Monty

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie! Loved the Q&A segment.
I can see we all look to you for accurate info on the show. I know I put more credibility on what you say and report than I do on the posts on the spoiler boards and other blogs. I know it must be difficult for you to keep that accurate standard since the house guests change their opinions, thinking and scheming by the minute. The "coup" certainly did have people interpreting it many different ways. I kept watching my tape over and over trying to understand each word Julie spoke. LOL! I'm sure it was meant to keep us hanging a bit until Thursday. You know, like how you can't wait to see the next episode to find out what happens. I know we all ask a lot of you as if you were the guru of BB and privy to insider information. I can't find the words to express what a great job you do and how much I/we appreciate it. At least we can't say we're bored this season. LOL!
Is it Thursday yet?
Zoetawny~
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Miko in KC,

Big Brother and Hells Kitchen are nothing alike so you shouldn't compare the two. Knowing what happens in the Big Brother house is one thing, since a lot of what you see on the feeds IS NOT on television. So I came to see what I missed on the feeds and the surprise results of the Hell's Kitchen finale were revealed to me. I think I have a right to be a little disappointed. Not sure why you're trying to clarify this to me, I didn't say anything rude to Jackie...

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for answering the questions, Jackie. It's greatly appreciated.

I was wondering about the order of the clues also. Did it matter what order they were in?

I also feel Danielle is one of the best players I've seen play the game. She can manipulate people really well. However, I think Will is the master manipulator. I appreciate his game play more because he uses sugar instead of vinegar. Dani can be very cutting. She plays people too much. Will has a way with words and uses people much better. They know he's a liar, but they still fall for it. It has to be his bedside manner. LOL

I do not hate Danielle, she can play the game really well, I just don't like her style of play. Now, James, I think he's just plain mean. You don't have to call people names to get something done.

I believe you can play this game without using James' style of play. I know you're suppose to separate the play from the friend. You're not voting out the person, you're voting out their strengths. However, none of these people are voting out for strength, if they were, they'd be voting out all the strong people to include Will, James, and Danielle. Those three are strong players. Danielle keeps on saying she's not going to do S6's dirty work, but I didn't see them voting for CT. Will WAS put up, but NOBODY voted him out.

This is a game, but I just believe you don't have to cut people the way some of them do.

Penny

Anonymous said...

Re: "Sue...the coup winner over throws HOH so they pick new noms and won't go up.

Miko in KC

8/15/2006 12:57 AM"

Yep, I know. What I should have typed and must not have done it very clearly was that deciding which nomination to use the coup would be very important. What if the winner used it first time they have a chance, maybe to save someone from their alliance, and then don't have it to use for the next nomination that comes along...when it very well could be them that is put up. It sounds like a good thing to have, but it might take some brains to use it wisely. I was thinking it will be interesting and maybe fun to watch how the winner goes about using that power. I might add that I am enjoying making a very simple game into a complex puzzle. Smiles, Sue

Anonymous said...

Big Brother can guide the houseguest through the DR. They can ask very leading questions or refuse to answer HG questions to make them think one thing or another. That's house BB can control the game some. For example the whole MR & MRS Smith thing, that could have come out of a DR session and gotten one HG thinking so they ask another one and so on.

I don't think BB really rigs the competitions even though some HG are better at the physical games. You could out think Allison any day but she fought hard on physical challenges. So putting up a mental game vs a physical game is as close as they can come to rigging that too. But then you have HG who throw competitions all the time so they don't have targets on their back, you really don't know who is manipulating who sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Since you made a comment on Hell's kitchen, I have to know what you thought of Keith "blackmailing" VIrginia for money to work on her team. How slimey!! Sorry, I know this is for bb. Just thought it was way off.

SSW

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for answering my question about the spy cam. I did not know that the HOH can only use it for a minimum amount of time.

Arlene