Tuesday, October 31, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - October 31, 2006

Boo! It's Halloween! If you haven't checked it out, take a peek at the previous entry for some of graphic artist Zoetawny's scary work. After sharing my train ride home with the folks heading into Manhattan for the big costume parade in the village, I'm inside comfy and cozy watching Law and Order: Criminal Intent. Huh. Liza Minelli is the guest star. It's a take-off on the JonBenet Ramsey case.

In other television news, news sources indicate that Studio 60 may or may not be canceled. Yep, it's a ball of confusion. With last night's episode pre-empted, news on the Internet indicated cancellation. Yet, the latest news coming from the Los Angeles Times, says that more scripts have been ordered.

In articles I read last night, it was said that the show was being canceled mainly due to low ratings and a high overhead due to the salaries the stars commanded. Now, in the latest, NBC is saying that FOX started the rumors. I don't know. I'm just reporting what I read. Maybe their people will call my people and clear it all up or something. But, I thought show fans might appreciate the better news that's out there today.

And, for fans of the show - John Goodman Guest Stars Next Week on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

7 comments:

Sydney said...

Hey there Jackie -- Just got back from my first non - new york villiage halloween in over 10 years... here in Houston. It was great to see so many kids running around, Unlike many places I've lived since somewhere in the mid 70's where a razor blade in an apple 9r was it heroin injected into a piece of Juicy Fruit gum?) made everyone stop trick or treating and turn to school parties in stead. Here, where it's WARM but comfortable out for the holiday, unlike the colder cities I have lived in. People here actually set up tents and lawn chairs on the front walk, and decorate as much as they do with X-mas lights -- lots of orange lights, pumpkins, cobwebs, spider webs, etc... they do say the do things bigger in TX.... well, it was great! It's the first think I've really liked a lot about this place.
And on a Tuesday night too. I do miss the crazy but orderly party in the villiage -- or watching it on NY1_- and there was a hoot of a party when I lived in LA with the streets closed off for all the length of West Hollywood on Santaa Monica Blvd. But this was a wonderful, old fashioned night.

Jackie S. said...

sydney - It was comfortable here this year - temps well in the 60s. I was surprised when I got off the train downtown. The area near the train station has changed over the past few years. Early tonight the street was full of couples with young costumed Trick or Treaters, as well as several other party animals. Most were Latino, but one drunk (at 6:30 PM) was even kind of funny. He was carrying a cup, approached a bunch of men.

"Trick or treat, Papi! I'm DRUNK!"

The crowd just laughed and so did he.

But, my neighborhood itself was quiet, nothing other than traffic on the street.

Anonymous said...

This is what I LOVE about this blog......you get such a diverse slice of life from all over this country. Thanks Jackie and Sydney for two different looks at Halloween!!!!! Here,near Cleveland,OH,it was cool and rainy and dreary,but we had a pile of kids out. Now this is pretty typical of our area,I remember trick of treating in my winter coat at times......LOL ,hated that after anticipating wearing my costume for weeks! Thanks again,guys! And Zoetawny...you just get better and better!! PROPS!

Anonymous said...

Did you see the awards show of Reality TV stars held at one of Boogie and Dr. Will restuarant? I always hated Boogie and this spot light of him just drove me over the edge. He is still an ASS. Watch it, if you can stomach it. REAL TV

Anonymous said...

Sharon -- I love it too. I feel like I have a bunch of friends and we check in on each other just about every day. I liked when people talked about Steve Irwin, but also that you hear a bit about people's lives, the weather where they live, thier kids, the holidays, etc... in addition to TV. We always manage to come back to TV but it's something unusual about Jackie's place... I think it's a reflection on what she's created. You Rock Jackie!!!

Jackie S. said...

Aw, shucks.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. I haven't checked in since BB7 checked out. Halloween here in my south was OK. We live out of town, in the country, as we call it. Not that much kids coming. None at all come to think of it.
Jackie it sounds like something out of a movie when you talk about you getting off the train, the halloween parties, and the walk home. Our little town is small and if I walked home, well, I just might not make it. Gotta watch those small towns.
Sure have been missing your reports. Can't wait for BB8.
Talk later. Jackie from NC