Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's On TV Tonight? Wednesday - Oct. 11, 2006

I guess it's a good thing that I won't be watching all of the shows which catch my eye as I peruse tonight's listings. It's a rainy night here and the perfect sort of evening to be curled up with a throw over my shoulders, a mug of hot chocolate, and a warm television. Or two, and don't forget the VCR!

Here are the shows on the schedule which have my attention, some enough to note here, others enough to watch, and one I'll be watching and blogging.
  • CBS at 8 PM ET/PT has a new episode of Jericho. This week should see the arrival of strangers, or at least one stranger, to the town - the first to come from outside Jericho since the nuclear explosion. The episode is entitled "Wall of Jericho" and I'll watch.
  • Also at 8 PM, but on NBC and for only a half-hour is the debut of 30 Rock. I like Tina Fey, but I'm a bit ambivalent about the rest of the cast. Due to my old love of SNL back in the days, I'll tape this one and give it a shot.
  • At 8:30 on NBC, the debut of Twenty Good Years with John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor. Two "older" guys decide to live every day like it's their last. Okay. Maybe, maybe not. It's not something that's striking me as a must-watch, but since I'll be taping 30 Rock, I'll tape the hour.
  • On ABC at 8 PM, it's Dancing With The Stars. I've watched about ten minutes of this so far this season and just a bit more last season. It's popular, though. I just don't think I want to see Jerry Springer waltzing. I just don't.
  • On the CW Network at 8 PM, there's America's Next Top Model, another show with its fans. But, not my cuppa tea.
  • At 9 PM, I'm going to be Lost! According to the listings: "The Glass Ballerina" Sun's and Jin's lives are in danger; Kate and Sawyer must work in harsh conditions; Henry makes Jack a tempting offer that will be difficult to refuse." I'll be watching, probably taping, and blogging later on tonight about the episode.
  • While I'm all about Lost, CBS has Criminal Minds and NBC has The Biggest Loser. I keep wanting to watch CM, but its timeslot is bad. And, the one time I caught it in a rerun, it didn't catch me. I've no desire to watch The Biggest Loser.
  • At 10 PM, it's a toss-up which I'll watch and which I'll tape... C.S.I.: NY or The Nine. Both will eventually be seen by me.

What are your TV plans for tonight? Is anyone watching those odd soap opera type shows on stations like My9 in NYC? I'm talking Desire and Fashion House. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone mention them and, as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather watch old syndicated reruns. But that could be me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost is the most important show of the night! Aside from that, I'm taping Jericho, 20 Good Years, and The Biggest Loser. I've watched TBL since it started, but the only way to watch it is on tape, so you can fast forward through half of it. They repeat so much every time it comes back from commercial, they could definitely make it a half hour show. I'm liking Jericho, but the Flyers are on, so can't watch it in real time. LOST supercedes the Flyers, though! Happy TV watching!

Anonymous said...

I like ANTM, is anyone's reception really poor with CW network...it freezes-skips-screen goes gray-speech is blurred!! Happens to alot of show on CW. Guess need to call cable company and complain.

Yes tonight is a busy TV/VRC/flip during commercials evening! What questions will LOST bring tonight?

Anonymous said...

PS forgot Project Runway
Top Chef starts next week too and of course on a WEDS

Anonymous said...

I'm all about America's Top Model, Lost, and Project Runway on Wednesday night. I won't allow myself to tape anything because I watch too much television as it is :)

I think one of the hardest jobs in TV has to be that of a casting director. I just watched Ben/Henry say "I want that boat" and got chills! Whomever cast that actor in that part really knows their stuff. Sometimes I think about who I'd like to see in a certain part and I'm never as good as the casting directors!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask...

Does anyone watch Nip/Tuck on FX on Tuesday? I'm addicted to that show! It's so absolutely bizarre that it's addictive! And very risque for even a cable network channel!

Anonymous said...

Okay. So I am probably the only one here without cable tv and a dvr. Jackie, Jerry danced the samba this week on DWTS - LOL funny but he still got the votes to stay on the show for another week. I gave Lost a try again when it came back this season and they "lost" me in the same show as soon as the picture in the tube got dark. I'm not wasting my time watching something I can barely see.

Anonymous said...

Orkmommy

Yep Nip/Tuck is on my agenda, too.
Risky is too mild a term for that show!

The cast of LOST is amazing. I think back to the scene on the beach when Claire shows Aaron to the castaways. No words were necessary, but the emotions showed needed no words. Now that was acting...doubt if I will ever see that again.

Anonymous said...

Another Lost episode with SK (yes Casual Reader, that's Stephen King) overtones. The whole Red Sox winning the Series reveal to Jack is out the Dark Tower and a nod to SK, a rabid Sox fan.

BTW friends and neighbors... "Ben" is the name of one of SK's kids.

Anonymous said...

For more SK to Lost connections, you might want to hop over here:

http://www.lostcasts.com/2005/12/stephen_king_an.html

RF

Anonymous said...

Lost was the best tonight. Has Jin known all along about Sou's affair... who would have thought that.

By the way, Criminal Minds is excellent. You have to watch it and learn the characters to get into it,(similar to Lost) but I've been watching from the beginning, last year, and its another one I wouldn't miss. Try to catch it on the reruns next summer...

I Tivo everything, so while I agree with you ORKMommy... and I do watch too much TV, I figure I better see them while there are some good shows on, before famine returns.

Sydney said...

OrkM and Delee-- I started watching Nip/Tuck just this year. I have worked on the last 3 seasons of another FX show and as a result have become more interested in what FX offers. I watched a few episodes of it in the past, but only a few. I totally love it though. So we can chat about that. And I don't miss an episode of Project Runway either! I guess you don't watch the Bachelor???? Jackie said she would open a chat for us on there for it, so I'm officially spreading the word and hopeing to rally some of the commenters to dish with me on that there. We can talk Nip/Tuck there too -- what say Jackie?

Anonymous said...

Six of One... the missing numbers to 4 8 15 16 23 42!

The hero of the series is an unnamed spy first shown resigning his position. He leaves the bureaucratic office building housing his agency, goes to his apartment, starts packing--and is gassed--presumably by those for whom he used to work. He wakes up in "The Village," a resort-like community on what seems to be a remote island. "The Village," however, is actually a high-tech prison, and the spy is a prisoner, along with others, men and women who were, it is understood, spies. All have been sent to "The Village" to be removed from circulation in any circumstances where their secret knowledge might be discovered.

#6

ps- Read Dickens' "Our Mutual Friend"

Anonymous said...

Well,started the night with DWTS and just like last season when they kept that terrible Master P on week after week,Springer is still there and WILLA,who was becoming the Stacy of last year,was sent home. Now the show IS "DANCING" with the Stars,and trust me,what Springer did was NOT dancing. And then those crazy judges had the nerve to have Springer do that farce again on tonights "encore".

Then on to LOST and the SUN and JIN story. Was her affair shown before this,cause I must have been popping some corn or something. Did n't know the baby wasn't JIN's!
Bad Boy SAWYER just keeps pushing and pushing and JACK looked mighty interested in going home,didn't he?Now WHO was the girl looking for "Carl" and the owner of Kate's new dress?? AND if these people are not the enemy,why do they treat them so cruely? So many ?'s and so few answers!!!!

Then had to flip between PROJECT RUNWAY and THE NINE. I am not sure I can get into this NINE,it seems to lag and if they don't start showing what really went down in the bank,I'm losing interest. Besides,I have watched PR all season and the fireworks between LAURA and JEFFREY.....too good to miss. I am sooooo torn,I want to believe that JEFF did all his work,but would not be surprised if it turns out he didn't. I admire him for turning his life around but his attitude sucks(and I never liked his designs much either).I really like MICHAEL and hoped he'd win,but sometimes he just goes so wrong,like that white blouse tonight,either the lace-up detail OR the sequins but not both and not so many darn sequins,Mike!! AND I LOVE Tim Gunn!!!!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Sharon. An easy one. "That girl" who asked about Carl is Alex, Rousseau's daughter. She's a "good" Other.

Anonymous said...

C'mon people!
How much Jerry Springer must we endure? It's not a freakin' popularity contest! I think every freak and inbred he's had on his show has voted week after week!!
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

My viewing last night: Watched Jerico (LOVE it!), watched LOST (It was good, but not great) and then watched my tape of 30 Rock and Twenty Good Years. I tried The Nine last week, but it didn't capture me at all so I gave up on it.

Thought 30 Rock was okay. So far nothing great. They used all their funniest snippets in the previews. I try it again next week. This time seems to be all about setting up the concept.

I actually enjoyed Twenty Good years better, with the exception of what I *think* was a laugh track. That annoyed me. Like they are forcing you to believe it is funny when it was CUTE, but not laugh out loud funny. But I like the actors, and it did have glimpses of greatness IMO. Well, maybe greatness is a bit strong, but hopefully you know what I mean ;)

Now tonight is GRAY"S ANATOMY night!!! Woo-hoo! My absolute favorite!