Monday, November 13, 2006

On The Box Tonight - Monday, November 13, 2006


It's raining here again tonight, so another perfect evening to stay indoors, read a bit and watch television. Yep, it's a snuggly robe and fuzzy slippers kind of night, perhaps a mug of hot chocolate... excellent!

Here are my personal picks for the night and honorable mentions which I may tape or, at the very least, know others will be watching:
  • How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8 PM ET/PT - Oh, my. It looks like Marshall and Lily are indeed back together. I'll be watching
  • Prison Break (FOX) - 8 PM ET/PT - Not my cuppa, but it's a new episode for show fans.
  • Deal or No Deal (NBC) - 8 PM ET/PT - New episode, but I still can't understand the popularity of this show. It's not like they're giving me briefcases of money.
  • Wife Swap (ABC) - 8 PM/ET - New episode, okay. I've watched on occasion, but...!
  • The Class (CBS) - 8:30 PM/ET - I'm not totally enamored with the show, but since I watch the half-hour before, it's on here. I'll most likely be reading with it on in the background.
  • Heroes (NBC) - 9 PM ET/PT - My must watch show of the night. Must, must watch. A new episode, naturally. Save the cheerleader; save the world!
  • On CBS Two and One Half Men and The New Adventures of Old Christine take the 9 PM ET/PT block. Both are new episodes.
  • C.S.I.: Miami - 10 PM ET/PT - New episode, still David Caruso. I'll pass.
  • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (NBC) - 10 PM ET/PT - New episode. I'm just not getting into the show, but know a lot of the blog readers enjoy it.
  • What About Brian (ABC) - 10 PM ET/PT - Huh? A new episode? Has this show been in this slot all along? I seem to recall watching it once, then it vanished. Is it a shifted show?
  • Murder by the Book - (CourtTV) - My choice for the 10 PM ET/PT hour. Tonight is the James Ellroy episode. It should be interesting.
  • And, but of course, don't forget it's the exciting start of Impressionist Week on David Letterman (CBS) at 11:37 PM here. I'm so psyched. Er, actually I enjoy Rich Little and Robin Williams, tonight's guests.

What are you watching?



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

8p CSI on Spike
9p Bachelor taping Justice-2 1/2
Men

10p Dr 90210 taping CSI MIA
(sorry Jackie, I like it)

I know damp and cold here too. Pass the cocoa, please!!!!

Sydney said...

delee -- make sure to tell us when Dr. Dreamy from Big Brother comes on to Dr. 90210... I think he was not to resume taping til Feb or so, but I won't be watching until he comes on, so might miss it.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

monday nite football!!!! even tho it sucks now that its on espn BUT, monday nite tv usually does lol...
debbie

Anonymous said...

The appeal of Deal or No Deal is Howie Mandel. Nothing more, nothing less.

Justene

Sydney said...

I'll be tivoing Murder by the Book...

Anonymous said...

Monday is the CW night for me from 8 to 9:30 - Chris, All of Us, and Girlfriends. I love Deal or No Deal and Wife Swap, but I haven't watched them much this season.

Anonymous said...

HEROES! And Hiro... :)

Anonymous said...

jackie why don't you blog heroes??

Anonymous said...

I am sure, Jackie, will hear about BigBro Dr Dreamy before I do on Dr 90210. I will try!!! Never thought about bad TV on Monday's and MNF-ball. Used to watch 7th Heaven, but that is on Sun.

I called my cable company to complain about CW's reception and black screens (daily), they said they have had many complaints over the past months and it is CW, not Comcast. Anyone else have problems watching show's on CW? So many CW shows not a pleasure to try and watch.

Anonymous said...

Okay. My guilty secret is - I watch Two and A Half Men. I LIKE Charley Sheen. I LIKE all the characters on this show. It is a riot. Even when the humor is rude! Especially when !!!

Anonymous said...

You are so good Jackie....I have a husband off work with a wrenched knee, he is confused that I dont watch what he would, were he home during the week...silly boy..I must keep my schedule!!
So he is enduring with me...cant figure out why I know what I do...I tell him Its Jackie Blog !
Thanks for all you do....

Anonymous said...

Well,I used to like Mondays a lot too but now it's a vast wasteland to me. I watched DOND and,Justene was right,if not for Howie,I wouldn't have watched it at all. It a mindless game of chance and since I don't consider myself lucky,I'd never do well on it. AND I HATE greedy people. That guy that turned down the 200,000+ dollars and then got stiffed....good for him! I'm like DELEE,I used to watch 7th Heaven and can't now cause it's on opposite TAR.

JUSTICE has been taken off...again!And in it's place.....HOUSE reruns!
And SUSAN...I LOVE Three & Half Men,it's show that makes me laugh out loud! I never was a big fan of Charlie Sheen,but he and Jon Cryer are too,too funny and I love the kid too.

10 PM and I watched part of a SIX FEET UNDER rerun(for me)and then turned it off and read my book by Judith McNaught......good story..."Every Breath You Take"

Anonymous said...

2 1/2 Men from the beginning...just love the humor and off-color side of it!!!! Rose is a hoot...kid is a hoot...housekeeper is a hoot on and on!!!!! Dang taped Justice last night have not had a chance to check the tape. Is it another great show gone..I hope not! I just wish CW would get their act together and have good broadcasting skills, none of the pauses---jerky tape--go to black screen, etc. It is like trying to watch a channel you do not pay for. I have missed alot of ANTM and I do try to watch it at least 2x during the week (for an undisturbed viewing), but their news comes on at 10p loud and clear. :(

Anonymous said...

jackie
i would really love to see you blog heros you do such a good job
and is syler the young boy?
ginger