Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tonight On The Box

Tonight, tonight, isn't like any other night...!

For starters, tonight is the last new Lost episode for the "fall season." Ah, yes, that seems to be something new out there in Television Land. A short taste of the series for the fall, then the rest starting in the winter running through into late spring. From what I've read, it seems to be formatted that way this season due to complaints about all the blocks of repeats during the actual season last year. I'm not sure which format bugs me more. With Lost, there's so much going on that a two or three month hiatus and my increasingly lost memory may make me forget what has happened before on the show. It will return February 7. I guess we'll see, and I most certainly will be watching tonight's episode and blogging it, too! ABC - 9 PM ET/PT

Before Lost, I'll be in Jericho. I've grown a bit iffy on this one, but continue to follow it. No, I haven't been blogging so much about it, but there are only so many shows I can cover in-depth before my head explodes. Or something. As we learn more about the background of some of the characters, I have to know what role they'll take on as the world of an isolated nuclear survivor town goes on. CBS - 8 PM ET/PT

Competing in that 8 PM time slot are Bones (FOX) - a show I enjoy but will really have to pick up in the reruns this season; The Biggest Loser (NBC) - a show I've never watched yet know a lot of folks really love it, and Dancing With The Stars (ABC) - a show I've caught now and then, but all I can really say is that I was relieved when Jerry Springer finally was voted off. I should note that The Biggest Loser is a two-hour episode tonight. (Thus noted!)

Up against Lost (though I'm a hands-down Lost watcher) is Criminal Minds on CBS. That's another one I really have to try to get into during reruns. I know I should like it, but I've only seen it once and it didn't jump out and grab me. The new season of The O.C. (FOX) also starts. Now, I don't watch that one at all.

At 10 PM ET/PT, the major networks have C.S.I.: NY (CBS), Dateline NBC, and The Nine (ABC). The Nine has lost me as I've become lackadaisical about watching it the past few weeks. I was excited when it first started, but the series took a nose-dive for me by the second episode. I actually enjoy many of the Dateline segments (I can be a newsy-hound at times), but I'll probably go with C.S.I.: NY for my hour.

In late night viewing, tonight is a new Letterman complete with Dustin Hoffman. Woohoo! I'll be watching while wearing my fuzzy bunny slippers and robe.

Um.

Maybe that was too much information.

What will you be watching tonight? Remember when Wednesdays didn't offer us such a great array of shows?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I know too much on Weds and Thurs night and crap SAT!!!! Thank you Jackie for the OC alert, I read somewhere it would be on Weds and Thurs night, but forgot. Replacing Rich List tonight. Tyra is having Kfed on tonight...not that I watch it, but they will be talking about him and Brit PRE-Divorce annoucement!!!

Not sure about this LOST break, but the networks are crazy anymore. New shows pop up anytime of the year and we have to hunt them down.

I did not like Criminal Mind when it first started but did catch a few over the summer and I liked it. Same thing with Bones. But only so much time and vcrs to tape!!! Like Heroes will wait till reruns or rent the DVD as it will be released next summer (I bet)

Enjoy your evening all.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to Medium which is starting this week or next. (I have no idea why I am confused about that but one day I think it's one and the next day, I think it's another.)

On Jericho, I don't care about the characters much. I am more interested in what the damage is/will be and who did it. Not nearly enough on that. At least tonight they visit the "hot zone".

Justene

Sydney said...

Justene -- Agree re; Jericho, we'd like to know what's going on a bit more. I also have to fight being so annoyed that there's parties going on and trick or treating -- while i n theory I get it, life has to go on, try to keep fear at bay by maintaining things as normally as possible... but it seems so far fetched from how it would really be that I keep getting pulled out of the story and having to fight feelings of this is rediculous.

Like how the son of the head honcho in town said the "police" were too understaffed to go do something (i forgot) but there he is, picking corn with everyone... Like a Hallmark card.

Anyway, we're still watching, will see what happens tonight.

Anonymous said...

Angry Angry Angry my CW is not on, a black screen...so no ANTM, will have to catch it over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wednesday night is the BEST night on TV. I watch two shows and tape three.

The Biggest Loser is the best ! It's such a great show, very positive and more Americans should be taking notes !!

America's Next Top Model is also one of my favorite shows. I resisted watching it the first time around and then decided to give it a try and I've been hooked ever since.

Criminal Minds is my favorite show on TV. Try watching it long enough to get to know the characters. The actors are great and the writing is extremely well done.

Now that Project Runway is over I have been watching Top Chef on Bravo. Love this show too.

Anonymous said...

fanniers....I am with you,I enjoy TOP CHEF and have tuned out THE NINE to watch only TC. THE NINE is just moving tooooooo slowly and the story line makes no sense because they have yet to give you any clue as to what happened. And I'm no shrink or psychologist,but those people were NOT in that bank long enough to develop that "Stockholm syndrome" were they?? Those attractions some of these women have for those killers,well it's just down right creepy. And overnight,these people just throw away their former lives for attachments with others in the group??? The couple having the baby and the lady lawyer/cop thing? They must have had very superficial relationships to chuck them so quickly....no? So it's Top Chef for me,thank goodness they have people who can actually cook unlike those horrible ones on HELL'S KITCHEN that last time.

And how much do I not like ABC or TPTB for dsoing this with LOST. We FINALLY see some progress and it's..."bye folks,see you in Feb!"
This has to be one of the stupidest things they have done. I,for one,am not the least bit interested in "DAY BREAK" and hope people stay away in droves and maybe they will have to rethink their plans. I am getting so tired of the flashbacks,and what do you want to bet that when they come back we will have to sit through weeks of "recaps" to get us "simple folk" back up to speed on what happened 3 months ago.Do ALL the networks and shows know how much we all HATE those time wasting "recaps" on EVERY stinking show?Well,ABC,I won't watch your replacement show,I'd rather watch TOP CHEF repeats...so there!

MARIO is in the finals...as if I had any doubt! I felt so bad for JOEY!! In any other season,he'd have been a winner.I hope next season's talent is this great! We need a woman to win this thing next time!!!

Anonymous said...

Jerico is one of my family's favorite shows. We love it...I'm not sure why you guys are not giving it more props.

;-)