Tuesday, November 14, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, November 14, 2006

For me, tonight wasn't a huge TV night. I'm a Law and Order fan, so the new episodes of SVU and Criminal Intent were on my watch-list. Both shows lived up to their standard fare of good writing, good acting, and the drama I want. (As if I don't have enough drama in my personal life. Oh, well... it's a different sort of drama, for sure.)

Criminal Intent finally showed Goren's mother, the one with the health and mental problems. I don't believe they've shown her before, or I missed it. Goren's going a bit off the edge once again. I like Vincent D'Onofrio in the role, but I found tonight's performance a bit more odd than usual. Whether it's acting or not, I don't know. He was almost stumbling pigeon-toed, but he was also scruffier than usual and stressed out by his mother. That doesn't explain him getting chubbier, though. At the end, he told them they could fire him if they wanted, he had to get to his mother. I guess we'll know more the next Goren episode - next week is a Chris Noth one.

Oh, one real complaint about the show. They film the show in the NYC area, which I love because I see places I know and have even seen them filming at times. But, dang, get the seasons right. The leaves are never green on the trees on Thanksgiving. Sheesh. The leaves are almost all gone, those which remain are brown or perhaps a bit of color, but that color isn't green!

It'll be coming before you know it! The sixth season of American Idol is set to premiere January 17 and 18. I mentioned in another TV Newsy Bits that Kellie Pickler has picked up a sitcom. The previous contestants have hit the news wires again with stories such as this one - Are ‘American Idol’ finalists quickly forgotten? - American Idol - MSNBC.com. I had wondered what's been going on with Taylor Hicks. I don't need to know what's going on with Justin Guarino. I really don't.

In other TV News Bits:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,there was NO doubt what I was watching last night...DWTS,the FINALS!! Of course,the judges weinied out and ended up the night with the two teams tied,so it's up to America to name the winner. Now MARIO has been my favorite the entire season,but EMMITT sure brought it last night too. I want Mario to win,but will not feel cheated if it's Emmitt who wins. I just think I would like somebody else to win,than Cheryl again,tho she is a great teacher and I love her dancing and personality. I think Mario and Karina have a little sumpin,sumpin going in the romance department and would be nice if they continue that away from the show. So I will be glued to the TV at 8PM tonight to see the winner.

I watched that new game show "Show Me The Money" afterwards....kinda. I am packing,trying to get ready to leave on vacation Thursday,so didn't pay close attention to it.The questions aren't no-brainers like on that dumb 1vs100,but I can't see the need for the dancing girls,a tribute to DOND,I suppose.I had NEVER been a fan of William Shatner,but Boston Legal has made me a convert and I like him as host of this(better than Saget ANY day).The thing I don't like(and this is with most game shows on now) is the sllooowww pace they go at,like we are all idiots they have to explain it to over and over(just like politicians and tv show producers and their RECAPS).That's one reason I LOVE JEOPARDY,the fast pace of the game. I assume they drag them out so they have to pay out less money in any given time slot. For me,it means I lose interest quickly and your show goes down the toilet.

GO MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I watched the same shows that Sharon watched and my opinions mirror her's (except the packing for vacation). Enough said.

Sydney said...

Jackie -- You can totally start blogging on Heroes, why not! With all the new shows dropping like flies, you never know which were going to take, and which you personally were going to like enough to write about too. My fiancee and I have watched every ep adn I started to fall out around ep 3, because I am ahting the sexy girl with the upper lip and the focus on her always looking like she's just had sex or is going to have sex and the story line... and the unbelievablitily of the herion guy. I've known a few real urban "functioning" herion addicts are not like that. I tried to suspend all that and say, pretend it's a comic book, and you are asked to add that dimension to a story, be out of reality for it...

But it was Hiro who kept me going. I was totally engaged when he was on the screen. And that my fiancee was totally into it, and I wanted to share it with him, as he has gotten into Survivor because of me.

Now that I am over the hump and I have a grip on all the characters, and the are interacting more, I'm liking it. I would love to hear what people have to say on it, theories, etc... like i read you all doing with Lost. So I encourage you, as I realized it was becoming a fave for you too!

Mon is BACHELOR NIP/TUCK night as well. A few of us are having a ball over on that meet up page. Yues for us is just Friday Night Lights, which we both really love, and we tuned into the finale of DWTS just to be up on things.... I think Emmit is going ot win based on America rooting for the underdog, but Mario is the more techinically skilled. Tight race though!

Sydney said...

We also checked out Show me the Money -- Deal of No Deal's time is limited, and this is the third of the copy cats... Shatner was a little stiff in his role reading from the camera but he more than made up for it in just the fact that he is who he is... He'll get better with time but bottom line is -- we thought it was too slow.

We laughed that the set looks like the starship Enterprise updated and he's on the deck with the contestant!

Sharon -- have a good trip!

Sydney said...

I should really stop and check my spelling before I hit send. Fumble fingers! My apologies folks.

Anonymous said...

Why is it too late? It's never too late to start blogging. Just don't expect to get everyone up to speed.