Tuesday, November 07, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Well, tonight's a good night for the more political-leaning readers of the blog. But, not so much for me. Letterman is scheduled way late here and it's a rerun. Nothing really struck me tonight. I watched Law and Order: Criminal Intent, but kept getting distracted, so don't ask me what happened. Right now I have an rerun on Law and Order: SVU on the USA network on in the background.


Several blog readers mentioned today's The View with the appearance of David and Mary, the most recent team to be Philiminated on The Amazing Race. I was at work, so I missed it. But, thank you for filling me in! I found the show's official recap mention of it on the official website. I'm happy for the couple - if anyone could use a hand up, they can. I think the show has probably really changed their lives for the better.

The other day I wrote an article exclusive to Blogcritics about AOL's Gold Rush and its final rounds this week on Entertainment Tonight. I really had high hopes that one of the blog readers would have made it. It's not the same as if I were to win a chunk of money, I'd still get warm fuzzies. Maybe next time, eh?

Another article I wrote for there and didn't post here (because I really had no interest in the show - it was against Lost and Criminal Minds and one of those would snag me before yet another quiz show) was about The Rich List. Oops! Yanked from the schedule and even the FOX website after one episode as if it never existed!

By the way, the reason the articles were written for there was because they asked for them. I'm not really hiding stuff. If I write something specifically for them, I can post it here a few days later or link it, as I just did.

Welp, that's about it for tonight.

Did you watch anything interesting besides election coverage?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! they gave them a HOUSE a car and more!! wtg!!!!
debbie

Sydney said...

Hi Jackie -- you deserve a light night! I think its great you are writing for places... why should we covet your talents?!?

I watched Friday Night Lights. I love the relationshipbetween the coach and his wife. I've never seen either actor before and the have something quality going on between them. Real stuff. This is the last show in the world I'd think I'd like but I hope they don't cancel it. Any word let me know.

Know you said they indeed ordered more scripts, Studio 60 and it was on last night. Tivo'd it. Any word on that? I haven't watched it yet.

Just about to go catch Nip/Tuck. I think it's a really dishy ep, with Kimber being preggers by the 2 doc's son and both Shawn and his wife confessing they each had an affair with their separate nannies.
Thanks for the reminder link to the meet up for the show. That was so great of you!

xxx. Syd

Sydney said...

Newsflash -- Britney is finally giving K-Fed the heave ho.

Anonymous said...

Kfed (28), we knew it was a matter of time. I hope Brit has more sense then to run off and marry the next so-called stud, who comes along! He now has 4 kids...he needs neutered.

N/T was sit on the edge of your chair last night. I like Noth, but like Eames and Gorin alot better. Taped House and L&O CI. Love NCIS and The Unit, so Jackie had lots to watch with political results running bottom of screen!

At least we have a great night to look forward to: Jericho/ANTN/LOST/Biggest Loser/Criminal Minds/CSI NY!!!! Have VCR'S know how to use em. IMAO

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who's watching DWTS on Tuesday? I like it because it is light, clean, fun entertainment. With beautiful people, great music and graceful dancing. This is my third year following the show. And sadly next week willbe the last for this season.

Anonymous said...

SUSAN.....no,I LOVE the show and I will be sorry when it's over,too! I am hoping(and voting) for Mario even though they are all great and it's a really tight race this season.Can't get around that dimple and when he's not so serious in the dance,that smile!! But then,I love Emmitt's smile most of all,he looks like he is having the time of his life and I do like Cheryl better than Karina,but Cheryl has already won,so it's Mario for me.Too bad they all had to be in this one season,any of the three could have cleaned up! I really,really liked Willa,too,and thought she would have gotten better and better each week,but they booted her off. I read somewhere(think it was TV Guide) that they thought Shanna Moakler got robbed by being kicked off too soon. NOT,I thought she was lousy,wooden and not sexy at all.All of this is of course,IMHO.

I'm glad Britney is giving that loser the boot. I think she may have used him for a sperm donor,but couldn't she have looked around for a better one. A deadbeat Dad who left his pregnant girlfriend to get on the "gravy train" or so he thought.Let's hope she does what's best for those two little boys and looks long and hard before she hooks up with another man.IMHO...LOL.

Sydney said...

Susan, I turned it on last night. Everyone is doing remarkably well -- they make it look easy and it really is NOT. I took some tango lessons and I thought I was a natural at dancing and it was pretty HARD. That said, I do agree that Mario just has all the extra flair, he is the best... but you're right, Emmit is clearly having the most fun.

Anonymous said...

I watch DWTS too...Loved Drew Lachey and glad he won, but this year is a real toss up. Leaning slightly to Emmitt, just because of his background: from running and bashing to delicate steps/being the sexy romantic guy I hope they do another in the spring. Mario seems the most natural and Joey just fun to watch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie
I was wondering if ALL the amazing race teams get paid, even if they don't win? If they do how much?

Anonymous said...

DWTS one of my favorites too. I really like Emmitt because he is so smooth, but he really isn't the polished ballroom dancer. Mario is. And his dimples are precious.

Joey is still stiff and still doesn't know what to do with his hands, so they look out of place.

All in all, any one of the three could win as pointed out, if they had been in separate competitions. It's that close this year. Last year Drew Lachey was a given..no one could touch him at the end.

I have to add that Harry Hamlin was too funny to watch and I think he thought he was good. His wife last year (don't know her name) could have won last year too if not for Drew.

OK..onward to tonight's shows.

Later