I must be too much of a Letterman fan. Last week, without looking at this week's schedule, I said he was due for a vacation week. And, I was right. This week is full of repeats, some definitely worth seeing if you missed them on the first run. To me, the shame of it all when it comes to Letterman reruns is that they're all recent shows. I realize they can't jump networks and show his old NBC shows, but I'd love to see some of the older CBS shows during his off weeks. There have certainly been some memorable ones!
Here's the skinny on the schedule this week:
- Monday, Dec. 4: From 11/02/06 - Rosie O'Donnell and musical guest Lady Sovereign
- Tuesday, Dec. 5: From 9/19/06 - Patrick Dempsey, Ventriloquist Jay Johnson and Darwin (part of the Infamous Ventriloquist Week), musical guest Kasabian.
- Wednesday, Dec. 6: The Late Show website lists this show as originally airing 12/06/06, but they're obviously wrong. It's a recent show from November and a very worthy of watching show. It's Jorge Garcia (Hurley from Lost) with the Top Ten, a hilarious segment with Teri Horton of Who the %#$ is Jackson Pollack fame (yes, I know who he is), Daniel Craig (Casino Royale), and musical guests Elvis Costello and Roseanne Cash.
- Thursday, Dec. 7: From 10/30/06, another interesting show albeit too recently aired for my liking - Jerry Springer (just off Dancing With The Stars) does the Top Ten, Borat from Borat, Tiki Barber (football - NY Giants), and musical guest Beck.
- Friday, Dec. 8: From 11/08/06, it's Dustin Hoffman, Jamie Oliver (author of Jamie's Italy), musical guests are the cast of the Metropolitan Opera's "Il Barbiere di Siviglia." A good show, but again... much too soon to see it again for me.
Once this week of reruns is out of the way, we should be looking at this season's Late Show Christmas tree complete with the meatball on top and other typical holiday doings. In the meantime, I may have to see who Jay has on his show this week, heaven forbid!