Monday, December 25, 2006

Pants With a Purpose - This Week on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' - Dec. 25 - 29

Late Show with David Letterman
Last week we saw Dave knock the meatball off the top of the Late Show Christmas tree for the second time, leaving a crushed Jay Thomas in his dust.


This week we're in store for repeats, not unexpectedly I might add. Since I've seen them before, maybe I'll hit the sack early for a week! I wonder what it's like to get nearly seven hours of sleep.

Here's the line-up:

  • Monday, Dec. 25: Originally aired 12/04/06 - Danny DeVito, duct tape expert William Beacom and Silversun Pickups (musical guest). The kid with the duct tape is fun - all you ever wanted to know about duct tape, but were afraid to ask. Er, okay, he has some facts, but basically makes things out of the duct tape. I want a pair of the duct tape Converse knock-offs.
  • Tuesday, Dec. 26: Originally aired 11/22/06 - Matthew Broderick, Stupid Pet Tricks, Lupe Fiasco & Jill Scott. A decent show, but cats are so under-represented in the Stupid Pet Tricks segments!
  • Wednesday, Dec. 27: Originally aired 11/06/06 - Will Ferrell, Britney Spears Walk-On, Jack Hanna. Now, this one I'll watch again. I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan although his latest movie sounds interesting - I like the thought of being a character in a novel, I guess. And, I can never get enough of the Jack Hanna segments on the show.
  • Thursday, Dec. 28: Originally aired 11/28/06 - George Clooney and musical guests The Decemberists. The Clooney segment is fun as he taunts Brad Pitt with embarrassing photos, but that's the height of the excitement for this one.
  • Friday, Dec. 29: Originally aired 12/13/06 - Regis Philbin, Kid Scientists segment and music guest Robert Randolph and the Family Band. An excellent show, for sure. But this is way too soon to see it again. If you're a steel guitar fan, check out the band. Robert Randolph is amazing.

So, there you go... your repeat pants for the holiday week. Hopefully Dave is enjoying the holiday time with little Harry who's really at a cute age for the season this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Lately Dave has been referring to "when I was on my honeymoon." I think it was on the George Clooney episode. Did he finally get married and I missed it?

Anonymous said...

wow susan -- good question! I want to know too!

Jackie S. said...

I don't believe he has married. He's always joked about his honeymoon over the years. He was married for a few years decades ago. If he did tie the knot, no matter how secret it was, the news would get out.

I do think he's very taken, though.

Anonymous said...

she's a lucky gal

Anonymous said...

PS: In TV related news...I got Nip Tuck season one adn two on DVD for X-mas from my soon to be step kids! LOL