Monday, December 04, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, December 4, 2006

Yikes! It's really starting to feel like winter here! All I want to do is put on my warm robe and fuzzy slippers and settle in to some good television watching.

I think I'll do just that.

Some of the shows I usually watch are repeats tonight (How I Met Your Mother, The Class), so I'll surf around, maybe even check out the holiday shows. One thing I won't miss is tonight's "fall finale" (don't you hate that new fad?) of Heroes.

A hero will die according to the promo commercials. Ack. It can't be Hiro, and I hope it's not Micah - he's such a cute little kid. Maybe it's the artist; he's always having drug woes plus Hiro found him dead by Sylar. Maybe he was time-traveling and now's the time. I don't know. But I'll know in a few hours.

In TV Newsy Bits:
  • Blog reader Sue from the Bay Area sent me this link to an article about the Cho Brothers from The Amazing Race 10. It's an interesting read. They said Peter (of Peter and Sarah) got a "bad edit." But they also hinted that Dustin and Kandice were ruthless. Check it out and thank you, Sue!
  • Location spoilers for The Amazing Race 10 finale show (Sunday, December 10) can be found in this article. It doesn't spoil the winner, just locations.
  • For The Biggest Loser fans, I found an article about past contestants and how they've been doing with their weight control.
  • It's all over the news that an ex-cast member (recently killed off on the show) of Prison Break was driving in an accident in which a teenaged boy died. Lane Garrison, age 26, was driving with two 15-year-old girls and a 17-year-old boy in his SUV. It was after midnight when the car crashed. Now, is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture? Police have indicated that alcohol may have been involved.
  • Rick Schroder, ex-Silver Spoons child actor and NYPD Blue adult actor, will be joining the cast of 24.

That's it for now. Is it time for Heroes yet?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie sure is a robe and slipper night. Will be in teens here!
Guess my viewing will consist of Wife Swap/Supernanny/Dr 90210. I fell behind on Heroes so will catch up hopefully before next fall! Taping Little People.

Stay warm and cozy all!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK... for those who want to really get in on an excellent show, you must start watching The Closer. It's a season premier 2 hour episode tonight. I've watched it for two seasons and really enjoy Kyra Sydgewick (sp) as the "closer". She is so good. At first you think she's a silly female until you see her start to work to get her confessions. Besides, there's nothing else on tonight except Studio 60 (which comes on after Closer)... well, except for Heroes ... and I have to catch that on the reruns.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the overhype of the fall finale but I do like taking the show off and giving us something new rather than reruns.

Justene

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the cold weather make you long for the summer and Big Brother? I assume there will be BB8? Yes?

Jackie S. said...

The CBS site has the application link up for BB8, so it looks like it will be another BB kind of summer!

Anonymous said...

HEROES WAS FABULOUS!!!!! it got better X10 each ep the last three or four. I am very surprised and excited that the show got better and better and better. I think Jackie you siad it starts up again in January, along with Lost and Jericho?

And I saw the first ads for HBO's ROME to startup in Jan too. Guess I'll keep busy with holiday shows and holiday doings and January will be here with new TV before we know it!

Anonymous said...

Man,I just don't much like Monday nights on TV any more. So watched "Wife Swap" for a few minutes and it was awful,tried with "Heroes",but it must need the back story,and I just can't get into it. Finally settled on "Whose Wedding is It" on Style.Love those bitchy,hard to please brides!!

At 9,watched JoJo and "Supernanny". While I don't always agree with her methods,it always seems to work out in the end. Now this Mom was a time bomb waiting to go off,and hubby was no prize in the beginning. But Jo worked her magic and all was well by the finale. I'd really like to be a fly on the walls of these homes AFTER the cameras leave. Years of bad habits don't just disappear after a few days. But it makes for good tv,I suppose,and IF these people gain some better parenting skills,more power to them.I swatted my kids behinds and they aren't serial murderers today....LOL.

Then 10 brought "What About Brian". I like the show,like Barry Watson from 7th Heaven(at least his hair is better on this show...lol). But this is not a "sure hit" in my viewing book. I like Rosanna Arquette a lot in this,but some of the story lines are really stupid,like the uptight best friend of Brian,who when stood up at the altar,just married a stripper he had known for a few days????? Anyway,Monday is right behind Saturday as my least favorite viewing night of the week.

Anonymous said...

Friday Night Lights good again tonight. What I think is really authentic is the relationship between the coach and his wife... think she was in the original movie. Love watching them.

So easy to see once they know these new shows are a hit that they invest more $$ in them... You see it in little ways in the later eps,w hich they would still have been filming by the time the early ratings were in. In FNL I can see they sexed up the coach's wife just a little... shirts a little tighter, a little pinker lipgloss, hair just a little more styled... funny.

Wondered if they did this with Heroes too.... in that case, the plot and the momentum just seemed to shift into high gear the last 3 eps. Though that is a bump up in writing, not visuals...

Anybody else notice this on their new shows of this fall?