Saturday, December 09, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Saturday, December 9, 2006

It's hard to believe that yesterday marked the 26th anniversary of the shooting death of John Lennon. I somehow remembered the day before was the anniversary of Pearl Harbor (which I obviously wasn't around to experience), but didn't think of John Lennon until late last evening. It was too cold to go to the gathering in Central Park, but I lighted a candle here.

Yesterday was also an odd commute day for me. My morning was greeted with a notice on my train seat which said that Homeland Security would be conducting practice exercises from 4 to 8 p.m., but saying schedules wouldn't be affected. That's nice. I needed a reminder that the NJ Transit trains are likely targets of terrorism just before the holidays. It's a very different world from the one I once knew.

Ah, well... onto the TV Newsy Bits:
  • Lots of Survivor news is out and about! Richard Hatch has appealed his conviction claiming conspiracy. In an interview by Reality News Online, Jonathan (the recent castoff) believes he was playing a "rational" game. RNO also transcribed his The Early Show appearance. Celebrity Spider reports that Survivor 14: Fiji is still filming despite a military coup. We can expect to see that season spring 2007.
  • Reality News Online has also transcribed the latest The Amazing Race Insider videos from the CBS website. See what we didn't see behind the scenes before we see the finale show tomorrow night.
  • AOL Television News reports that even though rumors abound, Rosie O'Donnell won't be leaving The View.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I concur that this is not the world we knew or grew up in. Like you and your subway trip, I am starting to have feelings about my daughter, son and I flying to Orlando, all on one plane! The old cliche...I have lived my life but to wipe out my family to see Mickey, causes you to pause. BUT, can we be scared or just go on and pray we will be safe.

Anonymous said...

So - his Dancing With The Stars stint does not qualify Mario Lopez as a reality tv star? I think so!!!

Anonymous said...

Delee .... just wanted to say I live here in Orlando. Have fun in Disney! If you are coming here in the next few weeks you will really have a great time with all the decorations ..... just wanted to give you a suggestion ....make sure to take a night and go to the "major hotels" such as Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge,Polynesian the Christmas decorations are amazing!


AMAZING RACE I am so excited for the finale tonight ....I happen to be one person who liked the barbies and was sad to see them go. At this point I want the Rehab Boys to win the race. I dislike Alabama very much and was appalled at thier total disrespect for the Cho brothers who helped keep them in the race. The other couple is toxic I sure hope they don't get married because he has some serious anger management issues and she just rolls her eyes ...am I not the only one who think he verbally abuses her? So let the rehab boys win ...and let's get the next season started with the All-Stars .....

Anonymous said...

ANON 806am
Thank you for the tips. We have had a timeshare at Vistana since 1992 and lived in AL for 12 years. So every Xmas we were in MCO. WDWorld made it seem like the holidays, since snow is rare in the south. Kids and I will have Xmas dinner at Boma, Epcot will eat at Marrakesh, in the area: Tx de Brazil and Wantilan Luau. Love the hotels and the decorations, and since we have been there so much we only do our most favorite rides and park hop like crazy. If you are there look for 3 in Penn State Outback shirts. IMAO

Anonymous said...

OK I thought AR was 2 hours? It is only one. Boy we are getting short-changed.