Sunday, December 10, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Sunday, December 10, 2006

Don't forget... tonight is the big season finale for The Amazing Race 10, set to start after 60 Minutes on CBS in most viewing areas. I'm not sure if it will be delayed by football which happens more often than not here in the NYC viewing area. I'll make a quick post a bit later whether it's starting on time here or not, and then I'll post an East Coast Update as the winner is announced on the show. Keep in mind, TAR, unlike Survivor, is always an hour-long finale. Next week's Survivor finale and reunion show is set to take up the entire Sunday night primetime programming block on CBS.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • Celebrity Spider has location spoilers for tonight's Amazing Race finale, no winner spoilers are in the article.
  • How well do you know The Amazing Race? AOL has an Amazing Race Trivia Test up and running. You don't have to be an AOL member to give it a shot. How do you think I did?
  • I received a few neat screeners this week. TBS sent me a box mostly filled with a promotional helium balloon (which is driving my cat crazy as it drifts around the apartment) and a DVD for The Funniest Commercials of the Year 2006, set to air December 27. TNT sent me a press kit with a screener for A Perfect Day (a TNT original holiday-themed movie) with Rob Lowe, which will air next Monday night, December 18. I'll be posting separate sneak peeks on both of those soon.

Since I dragged out the vinyl last week due to Sunday Morning and its Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam segment on CBS and this morning, they had Johnny Mathis on... I hit up my vinyl collection once again today.

My Vinyl Non Sequitur Soundless Byte for the day is:
"Time is on my side, yes it is. You'll come runnin' back, you'll come runnin' back to me..." - From "Time is on My Side" - the vinyl is Hot Rocks by The Rolling Stones. This song also brings back visions of the movie Fallen with Denzel Washington, John Goodman and Donald Sutherland. I can see the shackled killer dancing to the song now every time I hear it. Yipes. That's an excellent movie.

2 comments:

Brent McKee said...

I did 9 out of 10 on the Amazing Race Quiz. I forgot entirely about Aaron proposing to Hayden. Oh the shame of it!!!!

Jackie S. said...

Brent - Heh, same score, different question. I forgot where they went the first show of the first season!