Tuesday, December 19, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Get yer bits here. Fresh TV Newsy Bits hot off the press... er, keyboard.

Now, bear with me a moment here. Last week, the CBS website for The Late Show with David Letterman had Bette Midler listed as the Friday night headline guest. Instead, it was Clint Eastwood. They never updated the page to reflect the change. I made a correction to my weekly Late Show guest listings article when I saw the promos.

Being the huge Letterman fan that I am, I know it's always Jay Thomas who does the Annual Christmas Tree Football Toss. He's listed on the website to do it this Friday. But I swear my ears are hearing Dave Price (from The Early Show). Say what? Am I going strangely hearing deficient? Has anyone else heard Dave Price? I'll listen more closely tonight, I guess.

Right now I have the new NBC show Identity on in the background as I write this. I like the premise of the show, but I'm not sure it will hold my interest. So far my impression is that the old What's My Line? married the stage (and music) of The Weakest Link and the wedding was ordained by Penn of Penn and Teller.

The good folks at TBS sent me some more screeners for new My Boys episodes which I'll be watching over the next few days and report back on. They also sent me the news that they've ordered nine new episodes in addition to the five new ones which will air December 26th - 28th starting at 10 p.m. ET/PT. If you liked Friends and Sex and the City, My Boys attracts the same sort of audience while not really being much like either. Have I confused you yet? Check out the show!

In other TV Newsy Bits:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI J- Happy Holidays to you!

I guess I missed the premiere of My Boys -- and I have no clue what day and time and channel it's on. I can tivo to get that but how many eps have aI missed, and are they doing only new ones the 26-28th or redoing the earlier ones so I may have a chance to catch whatever I missed?
Thanks, Sydney

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - They encore the show a lot and also have the episodes available at their website if your computer can handle TV shows - http://tbs.com

Have a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

Jackie - I want to thank you for all your hard work. I just can't wait for the next Big Brother because, honestly, your comments make the show. (Hope CBS reads this.) You have such a gift!!!

Jeannette