Now, bear with me a moment here. Last week, the CBS website for The Late Show with David Letterman had Bette Midler listed as the Friday night headline guest. Instead, it was Clint Eastwood. They never updated the page to reflect the change. I made a correction to my weekly Late Show guest listings article when I saw the promos.
Being the huge Letterman fan that I am, I know it's always Jay Thomas who does the Annual Christmas Tree Football Toss. He's listed on the website to do it this Friday. But I swear my ears are hearing Dave Price (from The Early Show). Say what? Am I going strangely hearing deficient? Has anyone else heard Dave Price? I'll listen more closely tonight, I guess.
Right now I have the new NBC show Identity on in the background as I write this. I like the premise of the show, but I'm not sure it will hold my interest. So far my impression is that the old What's My Line? married the stage (and music) of The Weakest Link and the wedding was ordained by Penn of Penn and Teller.
The good folks at TBS sent me some more screeners for new My Boys episodes which I'll be watching over the next few days and report back on. They also sent me the news that they've ordered nine new episodes in addition to the five new ones which will air December 26th - 28th starting at 10 p.m. ET/PT. If you liked Friends and Sex and the City, My Boys attracts the same sort of audience while not really being much like either. Have I confused you yet? Check out the show!
In other TV Newsy Bits:
- Reality News Online (RNO rocks) has a transcript of the Yul and Ozzy (Survivor) interviews from The Early Show. The RNO interview with Ozzy sheds makes me like the guy even more. Yul explained his strategy in his interview with them.
- RNO rocked on with a Sundra interview, an Adam interview and a Becky interview.
- Have you had enough Survivor yet? If not, more details about next season have been reported by Reality TV World. Celebrity Spider has news about the ratings (very good) and about show memorabilia up for auction.
- What? More Survivor? AOL has a peachy-keen "Where Are They Now?" feature (not limited to just AOL members). Well, we probably all know where Richard Hatch is...!
- In non-Survivor news, Former 'N Sync Star Joey Fatone Set for Dancing With the Stars