Another new series on the horizon, this one coming to us from HGTV, sounds interesting. Television and movie actor Ed Begley, Jr. is in his own new reality show about himself... and his wife... and his obsession with eco-friendly green ways while his wife is decidedly not such a fanatic. The premise reminds me of either Green Acres or Donny and Marie (she was a little country, he was a bit rock and roll) on a modern basis with a real-life couple. Living with Ed premieres on New Year's Day (Monday) at 1 PM ET/PT on cable station HGTV. After the premiere, its regular slot will be Sunday nights at 10 PM ET/PT through February 4. The website for the show has more information. I'll be checking it out.
Just a reminder - if you're in the Boston area or have plans travel there, Grey's Anatomy fans have the chance to see GA's Kate Burton in the play "The Cherry Orchard" at the Huntington Theatre. The play will run from January 5 through February 4. Adam from the theatre was kind enough to send this photo taken at the first rehearsal meet and greet.
Y'know, Boston is lovely in the winter! If I were closer, I'd certainly go.
In other TV Newsy Bits:
- Start the New Year With a Triple Episode Night of "Heroes" on NBC - Yes! Three episodes, although repeats.
- Don't forget - TBS will be showing new My Boys episodes tonight through Thursday night at 10 PM ET/PT. If you haven't caught the show yet, it's a lot of fun and a step away from the dramas we usually see at that hour (as well as this week's repeats).
- Following a pattern of big name stars in episodes thus far this season, Law and Order: SVU kicks off the non-repeats next week with "name" guest stars according to Celebrity Spider.
- The ex-Prison Break actor recently involved in a car accident which killed a teenaged boy, Lane Garrison, has been fired from his role in a movie.
- The Mountain Press has an article about Survivor: The Australian Outback winner Tina Wesson's new book. Will you be buying it?