Wednesday, December 06, 2006

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What's happening on the television and entertainment scene?

What's the scoop, the skinny, and the story?

Here's what I found peeking around the Internet today:

  • Rene Syler (not to be confused with Sylar the Brain-Eating Watch Repairman from Heroes) will be leaving The Early Show according to this AOL News article. Since so many of the blog readers here are probably more into The Early Show than into Today due to the Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother coverage on the show, I thought this was worthy of a mention. I'll miss her, but as long as Harry Smith sticks around (and the ChenBot, of course) I'm okay with it.
  • According to several online sources, when Lost returns in early February, it will be in the 10 PM ET/PT timeslot. From what I read, there are a few reasons for the change. First and foremost, they don't seem to want it to be up against American Idol for some odd reason. Heh, no one wants to be against that. As a viewer of AI and Lost, I'm glad to hear of the change. There's also the reasoning that it may increase their 11 PM news ratings. Um, okay.
  • I'm currently watching (and taping) Blue Man Group: Inside the Tube on WNET, the NYC PBS affiliate. It's not as good as being there, but lots of fantastic BMG performances. May I have your attention, please? Please yell if you are paying attention. Give BMG some love!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding Rene Syler, I wish they would also send Hannah Storm with her. Of all the morning show hosts, I find her the most annoying. JMO, of course.

Anonymous said...

Finally a full TV night...Survivor..CSI!!!!! Miniature man is back..will they catch him?

ANTM is over Biggest Loser TOO. AR and Survivor soon too! I would guess after this week we will be hit with re-runs-football-and who knows what!

I hope all are warm and snuggling as winter approaches.

Anonymous said...

Ugly Betty is the pilot tonight and Grey's Anatomy is a repeat. A new OC is on too.

Anonymous said...

I will miss Rene on The Early Show. I have always said she is one of the most beautiful women of color I have seen. I wish it was Julie going,but that's never gonna happen.

I read in TV Guide that Burnett has said that there will be 3 finalists for this Survivor and that there are still surprises up his sleeve for the jury twists and ending. Also the next one up has more twists and turns in it. He promises that Exile Island WILL return but in a "new" way. So,my take on this final is that YUL and OZZIE should NOT take JONATHON,but one of their own and just let the best "survivor"(the one with the most votes)win. It was pointed out that there may even be a three way tie. What then??? Who do I want to win.......I guess YUL. He's played a pretty straight forward game,been strong in challenges,and tried to stay true to his alliance and his values.

I'm glad Gray's is a repeat,cause I really want to watch CSI tonight I like when these killers try to match wits with Grissom and the gang.Same as on L&) with Goren,until he started going wierdo so much.

Stay warm and safe everybody. We are expecting 7-11 inches of snow here on the westside of Cleveland,OH!!

Anonymous said...

Regarding morning show watching - I watch The Daily Buzz which is on our CW station here in the Tampa Bay area of FL. The show originates in Orlando FL (I think) and has younger folks on it. Lots of energy and sarcasm. I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

LOL Sharon keep it in Ohio..PA here. Snow that is. Sun shining here now, but later????

Thank you for Survivor hints (tips). This time have a lot of favs, so will be interesting to say the least and we were complaining it was boring this year. We just did not wait long enough.

I agree about Goren and wonder what is up with him. I know he is ill in real life, but would they write that in....why Logan is there, so I guess we will find out eventually why the weirdness.

Anonymous said...

Hi all --

I got back from Chicago where we got about a foot of snow and bitterly low temps -- I enjoyed it since I'm now living in Houston but really, those temps are always a bit of a shock to live in. I've lived in may cities with winter and Chicago is still the hands down coldest in my mind.

It's supposed to drop to the lowest temps on record here tonight, so go figure about gloabl warming. Why this always feels good during the holidays, and feels awful from Jan-April I do not know!

Thanks for telling me the Ugly Betty pilot will be on -- I'll Tivo as I never watched the show, and there's so much buzz, I'll get to catch up from the start.

Good dish on Survivor. I'd like to see a final 3 and see what happens. Maybe it's fairer, since they started with several more in the tribes than usual.

Anonymous said...

Delee- who won ANTM? Was it Montrose... is that her name? Suddenly I'm drawing a blank.

Anonymous said...

Melrose...?

Anonymous said...

No Sydney.....
Caridee won and I was sure Melrose was going to win.

CW will replay the last show Sunday night at 9p. Atleast they have been re-showing them.

21 here with wind chill at 9. Glad for a CBS evening and ER. No need to go out and freeze.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Delee! Keep warm!!!!