Dave is a repeat Monday night - New Year's Day. But then he's back in full swing for the rest of the week with new shows, new pants for the new year!
Here are the scheduled guests for this week:
- Monday, Jan. 1: Originally aired 11/21/06, guests are Chris Elliott, Hugh Jackman and Jimmie Johnson. While I usually get a kick out of Chris Elliott appearances on the show, this wasn't a favorite of mine. Why, oh why, can't they show a repeat from a few years ago? Yes, the monologue would be untimely, but I'd enjoy it so much more than I do recent repeats. And, this is one show I wouldn't have picked for re-airing. Ah, well, Dave never asks me about these things!
- Tuesday, Jan. 2: Martin Short promoting Broadway's Fame Becomes Me and Donal Logue (Knights of Prosperity). Um, okay. I'm not a huge Martin Short fan although the Broadway show seems perfect for him. ('Nuff said.)
- Wednesday, Jan. 3: Matt Lauer from The Today Show, Artie Lange (Beer League DVD) and musical guest Augustana (CD is All the Stars and Boulevards). I like Matt Lauer, have no idea about the Beer League (although I've known some folks over the years who would love to be members), and I'm not familiar with Augustana. This could be interesting.
- Thursday, Jan. 4: Cedric the Entertainer promoting The Cleaner and musical guest Switchfoot (CD is Oh! Gravity.) Cedric is okay and the band sounds interesting. They're ringing a bell with me, but I just can't place them.
- Friday, Jan. 5: Now, this is the really big shoe... Donald Trump (probably promoting The Apprentice which premieres soon, but surely will touch on his latest embarrassing public feud with Rosie O'Donnell) and Mary Lynn Rajskub from 24. No musical guest is listed at this time.
There are the pants for this week. Keep in mind, if you are a stupid human or if your pet does a silly pet trick, they're always looking for new acts. I contend cats are under-represented but my own two cats refuse to go, something about shunning the spotlight. Go figure.