Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hey, What's on TV Tonight? Wed., January 3, 2007

Even though my favorite shows aren't around tonight, there is still a reason to spend at least a portion (perhaps a substantial one) in front of the television this evening.

Of course, I may have a book going at the same time during the 8 PM primetime hour. There's a new King of Queens followed by a repeat of Two and a Half Men on CBS. I could check out which episodes of Law and Order: SVU and Without a Trace are on cable stations. I'll see what my mood is at that hour.

At 9 PM, I will be checking out the new series The Knights of Prosperity with Donal Logue on ABC. A group of working joes scheme to rob Mick Jagger's apartment and Mick is even playing a role in the opening episode. So, I'll give it a shot. It's followed by another new sitcom, In Case of Emergency. The latter isn't sounding overly interesting to me, but I'll see. Maybe I'll just tape Knights and watch Criminal Minds on CBS - I've been liking that show more each time I see it. CM is a repeat, but since I've only recently started watching the show, it'll be new to me.

At the 10 PM hour, I'm not getting the "must see" feeling from anything I see in the listings. There's a new Medium on, but I've never been able to get into that show. I've seen the C.S.I.: NY and have no overwhelming urge to watch it again. Perhaps I'll see if the Animal Precinct episode is one I've already seen. Or, better yet, the Rosanne episodes running for the hour on Nickelodeon are ones I haven't seen since they originally aired (or maybe not at all in the case of one).

I know that at the 11:30 talk show hour, I'll be watching Letterman with a cautious eye to flip my attention to Leno when I see Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura on Heroes) appear on the latter. I have a TV near my computer in my "library," but another in sight in the living room I can have running simultaneously set on mute. When the Masi segment shows, I'll concentrate on that as he's supposed to give a peek at future episodes of Heroes.

Oh, and then I suppose I'll hit the sack. What are your TV plans for the night?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,I'm with you on King of Queens,have always liked that show(except for Jerry Stiller...can't really stand him...in anything he does)and am glad it's back with new shows. And a repeat of TWO & 1/2 Men is never a waste..they make me laugh out loud every episode.

I'm willing to give the new comedy duo a try at least once. Hope they are better than they sound.

I am so with you on the 10 PM shows on network TV. I tried and tried to get into Medium and I just can't. And the only CSI I like is the original one.So here's a thought....Jackie......try watching TOP CHEF on Bravo at 10,it should be a new epi and if the 9PM comedies
bomb there are reruns of Top Chef on then too. Try it...you might like it!

Anonymous said...

Two and a Half Men for sure !! Other than that, meh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,

So glad you're here to share TV thoughts with!

At 8pm I'll be doing the two-hour premiere of "Beauty and the Geek, Season 3" -- I LOVE THIS SHOW! And of course, at 10pm I will have eaten already so I can relax and watch "Top Chef" on Bravo.

Happy watching to you!

Anonymous said...

I thought knights was really lame. I am looking forward to a new Earl and Office tonight! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

((((Jackie)))) Happy New Year Jackie and all! Zoetawny lives...almost. So sorry I've been MIA the last few months due to personal problems. I do try to stop by and at least read the best blog on the Net whenever I can.

I'm with you Jackie, getting tired of repeats and anxious for the new episodes to start. But, the one show I didn't mind watching repeats was Hero. I missed Masi Oka on Leno. :( Serves me right for not reading the blog that day. ;)

Even though I might not have access or time for the puter I can't help but wonder what does Jackie have to say after watching television in the evenings. LOL
Guess we can't watch TV without our ETV guru.

What can I say besides, "Thanks Jackie" for all your entertaining and informative blogging. Jackie's blog RULES!!!

Luv, Zoetawny~
xoxo