Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pants for Progress - This Week on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' - Jan. 15 - 19, 2007

Late Show with David Letterman Goodness, they've changed the official website for the Late Show with David Letterman, mostly for the better. But, instead of faulty listings of the upcoming guests, they now have extensive video clips and such available for the past week's guests. Since they didn't even list Madonna on their upcoming guests last week, maybe they're better off to just focus on recaps from the past week.

As for me, it's off to the TV listings to see whom I'll be seeing on the show this week.
  • Monday, Jan. 15: Actress Amy Sedaris, magician Jason Randall and, get this, the musical guest is America with Ryan Adams. The show sounds interesting - I like Amy Sedaris. And, though I thought them to be defunct, America (if it's roughly the same group) was a part of my growing-up music. Somewhere around I have them on vinyl... or maybe 8-Track. ;-)
  • Tuesday, Jan. 16: Actor Paul Newman, racing star Sébastien Bourdais and Diana Ross is the musical guest. I don't know about the race car driver, but I surely want to see Paul Newman and, to a lesser extent, Diana Ross.
  • Wednesday, Jan. 17: Ohh! Terri and Bindi Irwin (Steve Irwin's wife and daughter) are scheduled. No one else is listed, but I'm sure they won't be the only guests for the evening. Dave is great with kids and Bindi is a neat little girl, so this should be another fine show.
  • Thursday, Jan. 18: Actor Harry Shearer is the lone guest listed. Um. Okay.
  • Friday, Jan. 19: Dan Rather, actress Tricia Helfer and musical guest Todd Barry performs.

Well, I'm more impressed by the shows through Wednesday night, but it's an all-new no-repeat week on Letterman.

And, that's a good thing indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A word on the Irwins -- I was amazed how articule and composed Steve's widow was when she spoke to Barbara Walters so soon after his death. I admire her greatly. It was truly inspiring, as I would wish to be so dignified and yet be able to speak so well of someone I loved so much after I'd lost that person.
Bindi takes after both parents in that dept and I think we all have that sense that she is going to do something special in the world. It will be fun to watch her grow and fulfill whatever that is... it's a long plane flight to Letterman for a little girl. Thanks for the heads up J!