Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tonight's Television - Wednesday, January 10, 2007

As I write this, I have The Sopranos on A&E playing next to me on my library TV set. Since I don't have HBO, this is the first time I've seen the show. Interesting show -- I can see why it's so popular. I'm getting a kick out of the local references although my own Jersey neighborhood is a bit removed from any Italian roots. But there is a nearby Jersey Pork Store. I took the shot here before they repainted the sign and touched up the pig.

Having not seen this show before, it's reminding me of a movie I've seen in the past. Since this is the beginning of the series, it's in the analyst phase. I doubt that continues throughout the series, does it? Anyway, it's reminding me of the movie Analyze This with Robert DiNiro and Billy Crystal. I'm not sure which came first, the movie or this series.

Right now it's a bit overkill as they're running two back-to-back episodes, but I'll probably be taping or watching future episodes.

Earlier tonight I broke down and watched Armed and Famous. That's an odd concept for a rather odd result. The "celebrity" choices were a bit strange. I found it amusing that Jack Osbourne may be the most "normal" and well-adapted one. Maybe Muncie is a bit different, but I fear Wee Man would get tossed around like a ball here in my town and most of the criminals never watched C.H.I.P.S. I'll admit that I'll probably watch the show again if it's not up against something I really want to see. It gave me a few laughs and was like scarfing junk food for the mind for an hour. Not quite Godiva chocolate, but maybe Reese's Pieces or Jujubes.

CBS is running behind schedule due to the President's speech. So, I'll probably be taping at least the latter part of Letterman tonight as well as Craig Ferguson after him -- Masi Oka from Heroes is scheduled for the Late, Late Show. No way can I stay up that late to watch and make it to work in the morning. Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad u caught the Sopranos, Jackie.
That and Big Love are the only reasons I have HBO, but pay for it the rest of the time. Sad.