Monday, January 01, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, January 1, 2007

A new year is here and new shows are finally on the horizon!

The Apprentice: L.A. will premiere next Sunday night, January 7. It'll be a 90-minute show at 9:30 PM ET/PT. For me, it's going to be a bit weird to not have it coming out of New York City. And, even though Trump has disgusted me with his behavior in the stupid Rosie O'Donnell feud, I'll be watching the show. The new location and new twist with the "haves" and "have nots" sounds intriguing.

American Idol starts up again on January 16 and 17. I'll be there. Or, actually here. No, I refuse to sing in public and you can't make me!

I watched the preview of Living with Ed today on HGTV. That will be airing Sunday evenings at 10 PM ET/PT through February 4. I found the show a fun peek into the eco-friendly ways that I'm certain to not abide by in my own life. (I live in an apartment building in Jersey. My landlord would freak if I stuck solar panels up!) I like the relationship between Ed Begley Jr. and his wife, Rachelle. This show is one I think you should definitely give a look-see.

On Wednesday night, January 3, this Letterman fan (me!) will be watching or taping The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to see a sneak preview of upcoming Heroes. My favorite hero, Hiro, played by Masi Oka, will be on the show. Sorry, Dave, I promise not to like his show on a regular basis. On January 22nd, Heroes returns. Are you on the list? (Although I found "Save the cheerleader; save the world" so much catchier a phrase!)

Yesterday and today I found myself tuning into the SciFi Channel at all sorts of odd hours. Why? Well, it was The Twilight Zone marathon. I know I've seen all of the episodes at some time or another over the years, but there are still some I haven't seen since childhood. Although I didn't catch "The Living Doll" episode, which I really wanted to see again, at least I caught the one with Anthony (Billy Mumy) wishing people to the cornfield and making three-headed gophers. That's a good thing he done, ain't it?

Now I have the Heroes mini-marathon on NBC... just a taste for what's to come! Hey, maybe the future me has a sword. You never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

I am hooked on Real Housewives of Orange County. The 2nd season starts January 16th on Bravo. Since we like the same TV shows, I thought I would let you know about it. It is like watching a train wreck!

Jackie S. said...

I may have to check that one out - I've never seen it!

Anonymous said...

The one show I WON'T be watching is The Apprentice. I left that one off my viewing list after the third go round. I can't stand Trump anymore,and I used to sort of admire him,but he's turned into just another rich weirdo. Like surgeons,I think he has a God complex,and I can assure him,if he drops dead tomorrow,the world WILL go on without him. So this time,the losers have to stay in tents...yeah in Beverly Hills,it would be a lot more interesting if they had stayed in NYC and had to live in the tents!!!

TOP CHEF is coming down to the finish soon,but I'm not so wild about these "new" comedies on ABC or any of the others. The ABC ones look pretty lame,even though I liked Donal Logue in his other sit-com.

Anybody catch Courtney Cox's new show "Dirt"??? TV Guide really panned it while People magazine was a little kinder,but not much. They said she didn't have the chops to pull off the part. Anybody????

And anon 5:44...my hubby likes to watch those Housewives almost as much as he does the "desperate" ones......lol.