Monday, January 22, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, January 22, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits

Did you know that today is Blue Monday, supposedly the most depressing day of the year? Well, it's not for me as Heroes returns this evening!




In TV Newsy Bits I found peeking about the big bad Internet:
  • TMZ has the scoop on the cast for the spring edition of Dancing With the Stars. What? No Fergie?
  • The New York Daily News has reported that Simon Cowell apologized for referring to Kenneth Briggs as a "bush baby" during the Seattle American Idol auditions. Well, kind of, sort of apologized. I was just happy they weren't overly cruel to Jonathan Jayne in that bit - Kenneth seems to be made of tougher stuff.
  • Actor Ron Carey, remembered fondly by me for his role as Officer-wannabe-Detective Levitt in Barney Miller, passed away at the age of 71. Rest in peace, Mr. Carey - you brought some smiles into my life.
  • Paula Abdul denies ever being drunk. Ever, I say. At the same time, Randy Jackson claims there's "nothing" in the Coke cups. Then what's up with her? And, if the cups are indeed empty, why are they sipping from them? Oh, wait, he admits there's Coke in them. Never mind.
  • BuddyTV has an exclusive interview with Michelle "I Quit" Sorro who left The Apprentice: L.A. last night.
  • It's been reported (and is old news at this point, but I haven't mentioned it until now) that the soap opera Passions will be ending in order for The Today Show to run another hour. Now, I don't watch Passions (soaps are on my never watch list), but I think that's a bit too much for The Today Show. It's interesting at times, but four hours?

No comments: