Tuesday, January 02, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Any Big Brother fans out there? Yeah, I know you're there. I found a site with a "where are they now" article - a lot of it is basic research, but there are tidbits on Eddie McGee, Will Kirby, Jun Song, Drew Daniels, Lisa Donahue, Maggie Ausburn, and the beloved (cough) Mike Malin. The site itself, TV Robot, is a bit odd. Much of the information is via Google and Wikipedia searches and, from what I've seen so far, most the articles (one per major show, more for a few) are credited to the same writer. Oh, it's definitely better than me doing all the research, though! Interesting site... sort of like a specialized search engine on caffeine.

TV Robot has another article researched from many sources regarding the upcoming Survivor 14: Fiji.

TV Robot also punched up an AOL page I recently linked in this blog regarding Survivor "where are they now." Hmmm... although they don't link (and should link) their source, at least they mention it. I didn't compare the AOL page and theirs side-by-side, but it looks like they added some of their own personal opinions in addition to AOL's previously released information. Hmmm... not sure I like that approach to things. If anyone sees anything of mine on there, please let me know. Regurgitated material without properly linking the source tends to annoy me.

Not TV-related, but just an odd note - in NYC this week there are a bunch of taxis covered with fur and bearing horns (not the noisy horns they love to honk so much, but bull horns). They're doing it to promote some rodeo-type event at Madison Square Garden. Yeah, it's fun until some pedestrian gets gored in the crosswalk!

No comments: