Wednesday, January 17, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Are you ready for another night of American Idol auditions? Tonight we'll see the Seattle auditions and I'll be posting an entry complete with screencaps of some of the events. In a newsy note, last night over 37 million folks watched the AI season premiere. Yet so many claim to never watch it, eh?

Due to my lengthy entries of today, well... two lengthy Amazing Race entries here and here in addition to my to-be-lengthy American Idol review/recap I'll be writing later tonight, I'm holding off on my final Survivor 14: Fiji cast entry. You can expect that in the next day or two. If you missed any of the first three parts, they'll be listed on the sidebar of the blog once I complete the final one.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • The good folks over at Court TV let me know that a series I found very intriguing - Murder by the Book - is going to be renewed and this time will feature one of my favorite authors in the mystery genre. The series features an author looking into a case which has caught their own interest. The new shows will include authors David Baldacci, Sandra Brown, Lee Child, Harlan Coben, Linda Fairstein, and Kinky Friedman. Which one is one of my favorite authors? Well, the Kinkster, of course. That man can turn a phrase and I love the way he works his words. Plus, he's a character literally as well as figuratively. He stars in his own novels. As soon as I know the date, I'll be chatting this one up!
  • The Court TV folks also dug up the real dirt behind the OJ failed novel. Was it a confession?
  • Was Paula Abdul drunk, stoned or otherwise incapacitated on last night's show and various interviews? Celebrity Spider posted her side. Me? Something's way off with that gal, but I don't know what. She was definitely getting worse as the show went on.
Check back later tonight for the latest on American Idol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- Kinky Friedman? Of the list, he's my pick as well.

As you know, I tivo's all of those Murder by the Book shows after you mentioned them and was impressed as well -- I saw something that was also interesting on A&E called 48 hours, where they track real stories... it's the real CSI, the real Homicide etc... in case you want to check it out for your own interest. But I digress..

I was hoping to see Sue Grafton in there but maybe next time. Nice that the show got a second season tho.