Wednesday, January 24, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits It's chilly out there, but warm in here. A bit too warm in some places nearby me, I might add. I hear there's a four-alarm apartment building fire about ten blocks away from me and a restaurant I like to frequent has been destroyed by an overnight fire. So, I'd say "keep the home fires burning," but don't... please.

I have a few days off from my day job, as you might be able to tell from the times I've been posting articles. I also have had some time to catch up on my book-reading and taped-shows watching. Woohoo!

Here are some of the TV Newsy Bits I found out on that Big Bad Web this morning:
  • USA Today has an article about the fifteen minutes of fame that comes with being an American Idol reject, especially one who has endured the Wrath of Simon Cowell. Huh. Kenneth Briggs told The Today Show his name is Kenneth Swale. It seems the viewing audience may be more upset than the Idol rejects.
  • What's two-timing Survivor Stephenie LaGrossa up to these days? The Asbury Park Press spills the beans on her latest adventures.
  • Lost returns on February 7th at 10 PM ET/PT. In case you've forgotten where Lost left off, they'll be airing a Lost Survivor Guide prior to the new episode.
  • BuddyTV has an article about the new hero introduced in the online graphic novel for Heroes, but not yet seen on the show. I'm not talking about the Invisible Guy.
  • Speaking of Heroes, Celebrity Spider has a rather in-depth look at next week's episode. Sulu, beam me up. (Okay, I know that should be Scotty, but he passed away some time ago.)
  • TV Tattler has a Katharine McPhee interview in which she tells of her upcoming Ugly Betty role and catches us up on what's she's been doing since coming in second on last season's American Idol.
  • Is your favorite show on the list? AOL Television has listed last week's twenty top-rated shows according to the Nielsens. Their list certainly differs from my own! Football is number one? Yikes, not with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jackie about they've toned it down some. Tonight was even better than last night. I do like watching the auditions when the judges are nicer to the contestants.

Did anyone else think that Carol (the songwriter) looked so much like Joan Collins (younger). Very attractive woman. Telling my age too Jackie cause some of you may not even know who Joan Collins is. Dynasty...anyone?

I was surprised at some of the rankings in the list of shows you pointed us to Jackie. Most of the ones I enjoy watching made the list, just not in the order I would have put them.

Thanks for the info. Love this blog.

Anonymous said...

Ah...it's Wednesday,a day that I've had to revise,since I found "Criminal Minds". Now tonight may have been a repeat,not sure but it followed last weeks when Elle shot that guy who was trying to impregnate women. And in tonight's epi,she quits the FBI team. And I really liked her,she had such an edge to her.Maybe she'll be back,probably not.

At 8,watched Beauty and the Geek. There is a girl on there that I want gone in the worst way and she keeps finding a way to wiggle through each week,even though she's not the sharpest crayon in the box,and she's soooo mean spirited. Cici needs to go home next week!!!

Then watched Top Chef at 10,part I of the two part final. I have been pulling for Marcel even though all the others turned against him and the home audience doesn't seem to like him. I hope he whips Ilan's butt next week.

We are expecting a whopper of a snow storm here with high winds,lots of "lake effect" snow and it's gonna be cold,baby............real cold. Stay safe and warm everybody!!! Enjoy your time off,Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

meb - I totally agree with the Joan Collins bit. I knew she was reminding me of someone and I was thinking a thin Elizabeth Taylor, but no. It's Joan Collins definitely. The surprise to me on the list was the number one rated football game. Thanks!

Sharon - I've got to pick up with Criminal Minds again. And one of these days, I want to watch Beauty and the Geek. I occasionally watch Top Chef in its repeats and like it when I do.

Today we're expecting snow squalls and dropping temperatures.