Monday, January 22, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch on TV Tonight?

The cold weather may make me want to stay inside my warm apartment and, as luck has it, some of my favorite television shows return tonight and others have new episodes slated. Oh, TV life is good sometimes, isn't it?

For me, tonight's huge draw is the return of Heroes. Yes! We're talking 9 PM on NBC in most viewing areas. Tonight's episode is entitled "Godsend" and the blurb on the listings is: "Nathan seeks Simone's help to save comatose Peter; Hiro and Ando go in search of the sword in Isaac's painting; Jessica struggles with Niki's decision to turn herself in to the police; a new hero makes a shocking debut." Ack! Peter's comatose? We saw the promos where he seems to combust, but...! Oh, I'll be watching this one and I'm so psyched that it's returning.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. The 8 PM ET/PT time slot is also all new shows, or new episodes, I should say. CBS will have me for the new episodes of How I Met Your Mother and The Class, the first one being my "must watch" show while the latter is more because it's there and follows HIMYM. NBC is airing a new Deal or No Deal (a show which has never interested me) while ABC has a new Wife Swap (a show I've watched now and then). FOX has a new episode of Prison Break in the slot. Everybody Hates Chris is also new this week on the CW Network.

In the 9 PM ET/PT slot, against Heroes, there's a new 24 on FOX; new epsiodes of Two and a Half Men and the New Adventures of Old Christine on CBS; and Supernanny on ABC. I can bet the last one will be trailing in the ratings.

The 10 PM ET/PT time slot is my down time as far as major network television goes. CBS has a new episode of C.S.I.: Miami, but that's the one show of the franchise I just can't get into due to my dislike of David Caruso's "acting" skills. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (NBC) and What About Brian (ABC) are both new episodes, but once again, shows I have tried and don't care to watch. But, if any are your cup of tea, they're new this week. I'll probably watch The Sopranos over on A&E. I'm still catching up with that show as I don't get HBO with my cable television package.

What will you be watching tonight?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Heroes!

Anonymous said...

HEROES for us too tonight!!!!

Anonymous said...

Prison Break, 24 and Studio 60. All very good episodes tonight. Couldn't come comment before because I was watching them all, one right after the other. What did people do before TV... Probably talked with each other. Hmmmm.

Later.

Anonymous said...

Prison Break, *Starbucks*, Studio 60, Letterman! :)

Not my favorite TV night right now, but so thrilled to have Prison Break back on the air!!

dla

Anonymous said...

Let's see......the 8 PM slot is one with no clear cut favorite of mine. Unlike you,Jackie,just never got hooked by HIMYM and I tried about 5 mins. worth of Wife Swap and muted the TV and read my book until 9.

Laughed my butt off at Three Men...they alwasy make me laugh out loud and then back to mute and my book until 10.Then I watched What about Brian,and that one I DO like,but it has to do more with liking Barry Watson than anything else...BUT,I really think the storyline is getting better and better.

Back to my book at 11 and finally got it finished....The Memory Keeper's Daughter...anybody else ever read it??? Was not as good as I thought but in the end,I guess I did enjoy it. It took me forever to read it. Not a "page turner" for me as the promos insisted. I agree with other poster,Monday is not a favorite night of mine anymore.

Anonymous said...

I miss 7th Heaven at 8 on Mondays. 2 1/2 Men makes me laugh out loud too (Sharon). Not a Deal or No Deal fan...bores me. I really like The Old Christine. Sry Jackie but I do watch CSI MIA.

Anonymous said...

Monday night is CW night for me. I love all the shows from 8 to 10 starting with Everybody Hates Chris, then All of Us, Girlfriends (my favorite), and The Game. I don't know how long any of these shows will last since there's not a huge audience for the black sitcoms, so I plan to enjoy them while they last.

Anonymous said...

Sharon - I read The Memory Keepers Daughter and like you I was disappointed in it. Too much coincidence and not enough on the tremendous difficulties of raising a special needs child. And way too much "POOR ME" stuff from the male protagonist, his wife and the ignored son.

Anonymous said...

Before TV there was radio and before radio people read aloud and before that they told stories, made up and retold. We have always sat around for entertainment in the evening.

I need a what to watch tonight post for tonight Tuesday. Monday's easy with an embarassment of riches to pick from.

Justene

Jackie S. said...

Heh, Justene... I think our programming was a bit different from coast to coast. I watched American Idol, then had the State of the Union on in the background as I messed with photos for my American Idol Memphis article. Normally it's a Law and Order evening for me. Thanks for the Barbie software info. I didn't know!

Anonymous said...

Justene -- loved your comment!

Anonymous said...

NCIS The Unit L&O's(2) DIRT A Idol Real Housewives of Orange County things I watch or tape on Tues eve