Thursday, January 25, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch on TV Tonight? Thursday, Jan. 25, 2007

After two nights of American Idol auditions, it seems a bit odd that they're not on this evening. It can be a good thing. After two rather intense nights of note-taking, camera-shooting, photo-editing, and writing extended entries, I can actually relax a bit.

What will I be watching (or not) this evening? Here's some of what's on:

At 8 PM ET/PT, it looks like almost everything on the basic networks is a repeat. Ugly Betty, C.S.I.: Miami, My Name is Earl, The Office... all repeats.

:::I interrupt this blog to bring an important news update. If you live in New Jersey, please limit your consumption of squirrels, especially ones found near the toxic waste sites near Ringwood. This came from the WNBC4 news I have on in the background as I write this. Hey, you over there with the squirrel in the oven, take heed! We return to the regularly scheduled blog entry at this time.:::

Back to the 8 PM slot -- over on the CW, Smallville is new. Oh, and CourtTV has on new Hot Pursuit shows back-to-back. Woowoo, pull it over! I think I'll reserve the hour for reading or writing endeavors.

At 9 PM ET/PT, there are some new episodes of some popular shows. C.S.I. is new on CBS and Grey's Anatomy is new on ABC (check the sidebar of the blog for the GA discussion post). Scrubs and 30 Rock are repeats. One show I see listed which would catch me if I didn't want to watch something else is the Winter X Games on ESPN. Although my ski-racing and adrenalin-rushing days are over, I love to watch that stuff... and preferably from inside where it's warm. Also at 9 PM, although I'll catch the later airing of it, BET is showing The Wire. I'm hooked on that one now that it's being shown off of HBO, but I want to watch C.S.I. Oh... and The O.C. is in its death stages, but it's also new this week on FOX. The CW is airing a new Supernatural.

The 10 PM ET/PT time slot is Repeat City with the exception of Men in Trees on ABC. Hmmm... TBS is showing Dumb and Dumber. I've never seen that one. It couldn't dumb me down any more than American Idol does, right?

What are you watching tonight?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

8p Top Chef missed it last night
9p CSI taping Grey's and OC
10p Flavor of Love VH1 (was it Sharon?) who recommended this. I saw the male pageant it was a hoot taping MTV RW/RR Duel Reunion (if the schedule is correct)

I am finding many flubs on show schedules whether in the paper or online. TG I know when regular shows are on, but cable shows are messed up a lot.

Anonymous said...

8p is a toss up... may just stay here on the computer and play.

Watching Grey's at 9p and taping CSI...then watching CSI at 10p

Also taping Men in Trees... I don't watch it, but some of the family does.

That's my evening... thanks for asking Jackie.

Anonymous said...

First, a bit of gossip.... did you see that Anne Heche has left her husband and is dating "Jack" from Men In Trees? He left his wife last November and now she's left her husband.... interesting little tidbit. :)

8 pm.... too many repeats so I'm actually watching basketball with my husband until 9 pm. (Clemson vs Duke on ESPN if you are curious.)

9 pm... Grey's, taping CSI

10 pm.. Men In Trees

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

8pm - Ugly Betty

9pm - Grey's

10pm - YAWN. . .

I may try Nashville Star on USA or the repeat of Real Housewives on Bravo as background noise while I am on the laptop.

What's up with all the repeats??

delee, I am also finding major errors in the TV line ups from the newspaper and online. Not sure what is happening??

Have a great evening ~

dla

Anonymous said...

The news is that now Anne H. has come out to say she is stuchpping her co-star (and what of her stay at home hubby of 5 years who she was justpraising the other night on the red carpet...and their baby), just in time for her show to be aired in it's new slot?

Perhaps this new beau speaks Martian... what was that language? Ellen, be gald yer rid of this gal.

That said, before she became defined by all her inexplicable antics, she was defined by being a really promising actor.

Anonymous said...

Let's see.........last night at 8...Ugly Betty...know it was repeat but missed that one,think Survivor was still on.

9...was going to watch CSI....but don't really care for that guy,Keppler...so watched GA instead.It was super.........loved all the twists!! Now does this mean the chief WON'T retire??? Would serve all those wannabes right!!

10.....watched MIT and sorry,but I really like this show!! And I don't care about Heche's love life,I enjoy her acting. And how is she different than almost every other star in Hollywood??????

And ....NO...delee......you would never have gotten a recommendation from me for anything on VH1,it won't come in clear enough on my tv AND NOTHING w/any of those from either of those shows would be on my viewing list!!!BUT do have to confess that RW/RR Duel or whatever they call it next time is one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures. I just love seeing those 30+ somethings STILL out there with nothing better to do than try and win that money. Coral,Beth and all those guys with their thinning hair and bald spots,STILL trying to act like teenagers!! Too,too funny!! I only wish it was on for an hour instead of only half.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of how she behaves in her private life.... and who are we to know what the situation is...Ann Heche is a terrific actress and Men in Trees is a great show.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie, my rabbit ears antenna receives Tampa and Fort Myers Florida AND the squirrel item made the local news here last night. Also got down to a low of 40 degrees in SW Florida last night. Brrrrrr.

Jackie S. said...

Wow! We have some diversity in our TV habits, but that's cool. :-)

Susan - Apparently there's a Native American tribe in that area who's keen on eating squirrels. I'd fear what the neighborhood squirrels here might have, but the ones up there in the woods seem to have lead in them. In my neighborhood, I'd liken eating squirrels to eating rats. Ew.