Wednesday, February 14, 2007

'American Idol 6' - The Top 24 Finalists

American IdolTonight was the big night even though we didn't see too much in the way of performances. The show was basically the chair in front of the judges and either a yes or a no. Still missing is dear Jenry. (Sniffle)

But here's who made it through to the next stage:

For the girls:
  1. Melinda Doolittle (yes!)
  2. Gina Glocksen
  3. Haley Scarnato
  4. Jordin Sparks
  5. Stephanie Edwards
  6. Leslie Hunt
  7. Alaina Alexander
  8. Sabrina Sloan
  9. Lakisha Jones
  10. Nicole Tranquillo
  11. Amy Krebs
  12. Antonella Barba
The guys who moved on:
  1. Sanjaya Malakar
  2. Brandon Rogers
  3. Phil Stacy
  4. Chris Sligh (yes!)
  5. Blake Lewis
  6. Rudy Cardenas
  7. Paul Kim
  8. Nick Pedro
  9. Chris Richardson
  10. Jerome Chism
  11. Jared Cotter
  12. Sundance Head
American Idol 6 - Chris SlighHmmm... I'm not remembering some of these folks at all. Me? I personally want a season of being entertained and serenaded by Chris Sligh. He's a hoot!

I've very pleased with Lakisha and Melinda being chosen, too. I think Lakisha is a powerful singer and it's time for Melinda to prove she's not just a back-up singer.

But, darn... Chris Sligh is such a fun goofy guy. He's like a John Popper with a zany sense of humor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Jackie... Chris Sligh is the most impressive from the auditions, but we know how much these kids improve as the competition goes forward. At any rate, looking forward to the rest of the show.

Sydney said...

Finally, I can begin watching... I was really surprised they picked one of the last girls -- I think it was the third to last they gave the green light two, and had to let one of the remining two that they called in at the same time go. Those two both offered more than this one I am picturing. Sorry, lame comment without having her name. Felt really bad for both of the last sets of 2guys/galz -- it came down to 4 who were really talented.

Jackie, what's your take on them keeping Sundance? Cuz there's already been too much press on him? He really did mess up with the high notes in the groups and forget lyrics, which seems to always have people axed in these rounds, yet he wan't cut with both strikes against someone with equal potential.

Sydney said...

BTW-

This pic rocks- You some how manage to catch such great instants with your digital camera, pointed at the TV.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're doing American Idol. Sometimes I'll miss the Wednesday night show. All I have to do now is remember who is who. Good being back with you. Jackie from NC

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - Although I liked Sundance's initial audition, I wasn't impressed with him at all during his other efforts. He better get better. I think some other guys did better in Hollywood, but of course what we saw was edited.