Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sneaking a Peek at 'The Black Donnellys'

Starting next Monday night (Feb. 26) after Heroes, it's The Black Donnellys. No, I'm not sure of the status of Studio 60 as I never got into that show. I'll try to find out if it's canceled or just on a hiatus. But I'm intrigued by the premise and writers behind Donnellys.

The show is written and produced by Bobby Moresco and Paul Haggis, the award-winning team who brought us Million Dollar Baby and Crash in the movie studios. I thought Crash was an exceptionally well-done movie. The story follows four brothers from an Irish family and has drawn comparisons to a younger Sopranos with the fun of Entourage.

I received a link from NBC with video sneak peek of the show and invite you all to check it out! The official website for the show is here. Despite my reality television addiction, I love good crime-related dramas. I'll be there.

Are you planning on watching this one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you didn't get into Studio 60 Jackie, but for those of us who have watched it from the beginning, we love it! It's very similar to the writings of West Wing...very fast paced and you have to stay with it to appreciate it. (I believe there are some of the same writers for S-60 as were in WW).

I hope it's still on..another good show! Keep us posted if you hear anything. Thanks.

Jackie S. said...

meb - We all enjoy different shows and that's indeed a good thing! But now that you mention West Wing - I didn't like that one, either. I believe I watched it twice in its entire run. So those writers must just not be my cuppa tea even though I know the shows have a fan base.

I'll watch for news. Although I don't watch Studio 60, it annoys me when networks jump to cancel shows without really giving them a chance.

Anonymous said...

According to one of those "Hollywood" shows Studio 60 is finished....makes me very sad.