Monday, February 05, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, February 5, 2007


No, I didn't watch the Superbowl. My upstairs and downstairs neighbors both invited me to their Superbowl parties. Oh, not because I'm really popular, I don't think. I believe they invited me because they were planning on being noisy. I avoided the game itself, but through the miracle of that good ol' Internet, I've seen most of the commercials! For me, this one with Oprah and David Letterman is the best. It was a well-kept secret leading into the game when most of the other ads were already publicized. And, if you're a Dave fan, you know the history behind these two. To see the commercial and other Late Show with David Letterman video clips, check out the CBS website.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • Tonight's programming on all the major networks is all new, no repeats. Plan your TV watching accordingly. For me, it's How I Met Your Mother, The Class, Heroes and whatever I feel like at 10 PM. Tonight we should find out who Claire's father is. Uh-oh. (My bet is on Linderman although I shouldn't encourage wagering in this blog.)
  • Remember the Kelly Pickler clone (Jamie Lynn Ward) on last week's American Idol with the sob story about her "Daddy shootin' her stepma, then himself..." -- well, it's just not so according to the stepmother. I'm getting tired of sob stories on the show and trumped-up ones irk me even more. UPDATE - the story linked above isn't the one I meant to link. Oops. This article has the skinny.
  • Keeping with the American Idol theme, last season's Elliott Yamin not only recently went through a makeover, but his new single is due out on February 13th. I enjoyed his voice a lot, the sob story (though legit) not so much.
  • Keep in mind that Lost returns this Wednesday evening at 10 PM ET/PT. At 9 PM there will be a one hour recap kind of show.
  • I know you're not about to forget that Survivor 14: Fiji premieres this Thursday at 8 PM. I know that.
  • Jericho returns February 21, but there will be a special recap kind of show on February 14th. How's that for a Valentine's Day date activity? "Oh, let's watch the world blow up!"
  • Celebrity Spider has the goods on the models selected for the next America's Next Top Model.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article says it is true and the stepmother didn't want it "dragged" back up.

Justene

Jackie S. said...

I should have been more clear. She said aspects of it weren't true - the girl made it sound like he shot upon catching her cheating, etc.

Anonymous said...

I hate Monday TV. Am I missing something? I am watching Wife Swap but mostly surfing the net. Please tell me there is something better on Monday nights.

Jackie - since you were able to change your blog successfully, I guess I'll update my family blog. I've been nervous to do it. KC

Anonymous said...

Anon 8:36 - Prison Break and 24!!! Excellent shows. You should try to get into watching them. Lots of action, if you like that sort of thing. Wife Swap just got to rediculous. I had to stop watching that one.

Anonymous said...

Once the stepmother said it shouldn't have been discussed, the stepmother is the one who lost credibility with me. :)

Justene

Anonymous said...

I so agree w/anon@8:36....I totally hate Mondays now! The only thing that was of any watching interest to me is "What About Brian",and they put Celebrity Weddings in it's place tonight????
So I watched my Netflix.... "In Her Shoes" and I thoroughly enjoyed it...a real "chick flick"...I really like Cameron Diaz, a lot. So glad she and JT are over.....sorry to any I offend,but if that's sexy(JT) then I ain't buying any,thank you!

Didn't really think there were alot of "great" ads for this Super Bowl,but can tell you which one I really hated....the Safe Auto one where everybody was slapping people.What dreck! Most of the beer ones were kind of mean too.I did like the Coke ones,especially the machine one.

Anonymous said...

Hi all!

Anonymous 8:36 ~ I totally agree with meb on PRISON BREAK!! That is my Monday must see TV! And, it was REALLY GREAT tonight... It sounds like there isn't a new episode next Monday, but it will be back and new on Feb 19. Can't wait!

Super Bowl, Schmuper Bowl. I am not into football, but I do love the commercials and I did catch Prince during the half time show. So glad to see all the commercials online now. Some were just silly, some were ok, and there were a few that were pretty good! I liked the thing with Dave / Oprah that Jackie mentioned, I liked the car commercial with all the guys taking off their clothes (maybe I just really liked the music?), the Bud commercial with rock / paper / scissors was pretty good, and the Doritos ad that the kids made for $12.79 was kinda catchy.

I know the Blockbuster commercial for All Access is getting alot of good buzz, but it really didn't move me. Just my humble opinion.

Have a great evening, and counting the days till Thursday!!!

dla

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie - Sorry to bring this up again...but I am beginning to doubt myself here...On the Idol sob story - I don't see anything in the article with the stepmother that says any part of the girls story is not true...??

Jackie S. said...

Eep, Justene, I linked the wrong article. I was reading a few on it. I added the one I meant to link in the original post now as a update (the URL kept going funky in comments). Oops.

The good news is - neither of us is crazy. At least not in this matter! :-)