Saturday, February 10, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday night television programming tends to be slim pickings at times. For the last few years some networks pick the evening to repeat episodes of shows from earlier in the week. That can be helpful at times, although now most can also be found online at the various network sites. Tonight would be a good night to repeat this week's Lost Guide or the premiere... or Survivor: Fiji premiere... but it ain't gonna happen.

If you're a NASCAR fan, then FOX is your honey tonight. I can't even watch my guilty pleasure show COPS due to the NASCAR coverage. (Sniffle.) NBC has a Dateline repeat. ABC has the Charlie Brown Valentine special followed by the Pooh Valentine show. CW has American Idol Rewind scheduled. I think I'll have that on during the 8 PM ET/PT hour while reading. I believe my book will get more attention than my television.

Argh! My Saturday 9 PM time slot has been set as of late as I've been watching The Wire on BET. I'm addicted to the series and, since I don't have HBO, it's all new to me. I don't see it on the schedule as the second hour of the movie 48 Hours is slated! CBS has the recent Cold Case repeat while NBC has the Law and Order: SVU repeat. ABC is airing the Steve Martin/Queen Latifah movie Bringing Down the House. That's not a bad movie if you haven't seen it before, but I have and don't want to see it again. The CW Network has American Idol Rewind.

Come 10 PM ET/PT, there's actually some new programming! CBS has a new 48 Hours Mystery scheduled. I'll probably give that a gander -- sometimes I like the show, sometimes not... it depends on the case covered. NBC has the repeat of this week's Law and Order: Criminal Intent, which I saw already this week. ABC is continuing the movie. TLC has a new Trading Spaces.

Grr... I'm not even seeing The Wire at 1 AM, its repeat time. There is a new Saturday Night Live on, though. I've pretty much given up on SNL. Tonight looks like a book-reading kind of night for me. How about you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturdays are my least favorite night for tv viewing!! I usually watch a video from Netflix,it's my DVD night! I just bought "Open Season",so may watch that!

I do try and catch "Movin Up" on TLC on Sat. nights. I can't help it,I like Doug Wilson and his snarky comments and how catty and mean some of the old homeowners can be.Sometimes I'll watch the house flipping story but not always."Trading Spaces" lost me as a fan when they ditched their format with a hostess and went to just the designers and homeowners.Don't much care for it anymore.

I also like 48 Hrs. Mystery,Jackie,but,like you,depends on the story.But then,I always have my book handy on Saturday nights.With this cold weather I've not been out of the house and a couple of days ago,thought I was out of reading material...boy was I freaking!Then remembered a friend had given me a box of cross-word puzzle mysteries.Thank God!! LOL Stay warm,Jackie!

Sydney said...

Since I have an annual thought small Oscar party, it's on these no TV nights that I try to catch up on Oscar noms.... It's date night, I know...the worst night to venture out into the theaters unless you can snag the earlest showings (5:30ish), but thatnks to Time Warner Cable's Py Per view, those who prefer to stay at home can actually catch a few on TV! I watched an Inconvenient Truth(Highly reccomend we ALL see it!) and Little Miss Sunshine on Demand this month.

Again, to say home and view the little screen, your local video rental store has both above movies as well as the just released The Departed, up for Best Picture. Though IMO it's not the best Scorcese pic, may finally be the movie he wins the Oscar for, having been oddly passed over for his incredibly past work.

as an aside -- Leonardo Dicaprio, co-stars in this but he also stars in Blood Diamond, which FAR surpasses The Departed in storyline and performances. While not up for best pic, he's up for best lead and I hope he wins for what the Oscar used to represent -- a superior and excellent performance, the ART of acting. Ditto his supporting actor.

I think Babel may also have been released on video this week as well.

If you have a boring Sat nite, for anyone who has HBO, the've been running The Producers for the second month in a row, and it's pure entertainment... much in the style of the old musicals. Even if musicals aren't your thing, I bet you'll find it worth watching as it can hook yo on many levels -- the pure humor alone, incredible costumes and sets, dance numbers for you Dancin' with the Stars fans, if not by seeing a plethora of modern day stars .... something for everyone.

These kinds of things fill in my Fri and Sat no-TV nites! I keep thinking I should be like Quistian and rent Lost (or other TV shows whose seasons I missed) and use these dead nights to catch up.

BTW -- Reading, yes reading is such a great thing, this is what I should join you Jackie and Sharon in doing more!!!!!! I used to always read and never watch TV!

Anonymous said...

that is very very nice to know tell me about it on your wedding day

Anonymous said...

Do you get Hockey Night in Canada? Then your night's all set.

Anonymous said...

I don't watch much tv. I'll probably never watch American Idol again. How cruel can Simon get?

Anonymous said...

Anon: 2:19 --
What are you referring to in your comment?