Saturday, February 24, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Saturday, February 24, 2007

While Saturday evenings are often a bit lacking in the television programming arena, I actually think that the showing of extremely recent repeats by some networks is a good idea. Some folks still can't go online to watch shows they missed and since the night isn't a huge ratings night, it's perfect to allow them the chance.

That said, I think they sometimes show the wrong show. For example, CBS has the repeat of the "winter premiere" of Jericho at 8 PM ET/PT. That's good. I may even watch it myself as I missed it this week. But then at 9 PM, they have the recent repeat of C.S.I. - a good show, yes. But what I would have done is put last week's season premiere of The Amazing Race 11: All Stars in that slot to build up for tomorrow night's second episode. They never ask me my thoughts before they make these programming decisions, though. So, their line-up for the primetime block is: repeat Jericho, repeat C.S.I. and repeat 48 Hours Mystery (in its own regular time slot).

Also in the 8 PM ET/PT hour, NBC has a new Dateline NBC, COPS is new for the first half-hour and a repeat at 8:30, and ABC's entire evening is spent up with Forrest Gump. USA is airing its Law and Order: SVU block all evening. TLC has a new Moving Up at 8 PM. At 9 PM on FOX, there's a new America's Most Wanted.

Now, this bugs me. Any regular reader of this blog knows I'm hooked on The Wire which is being aired by BET. I don't have HBO, so it's all new to me. The "main airing" of the new episode is Thursday nights, but it's been scheduled for 9 PM on Saturdays, too. I've scheduled it into my Saturday night as my Thursday TV watching is so full. Now, for the second time in three weeks, they have something else in its place! Argh. The first time was a repeat of the movie 48 Hours, now it's the Dreamgirls-wannabe show, One Night Only, repeats. I want my Wire! They have the second airing at 1 AM, so I'll have to tape it then unless I plan on being awake until 2:30 in the morning. BET doesn't listen to me anymore than CBS does.

What are you watching tonight?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my Netflix night and I have "The Streets of Laredo".the sequel to "Lonesome Dove".one of my all-time favorite westerns!And when that is over,I have the option of another film,"Drop Dead Gorgeous" or my book by Luanne Rice.We are expecting some more nasty weather to roll in tonight,so staying in and safe. All of you do the same!! Where,oh where is Spring????

Sydney said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Jericho thing... I'll tivo it as I missed it 2 weeks ago, recap that it is.

Tonight my plans are to decorate for tomorrow night's Oscar Party. Shame that Barabra Walters does her special at the same time that the red carpet shows are on.

PsychoJason said...

It's Hockey Night in Canada (aka boring night for you), so I won't be plugging my RetroWinnipeg channel for your entertainment needs, but a website called Page O' Clips with classic game show episodes (pageoclips.com). :)

Anonymous said...

I know Sharon, we have had nothing but cold weather and snow since the groundhoug saw his shadow and predicted an early spring!!!!

I only have one thing I will be watching for sure tonight...on Animal Planet at 8p-- Sporthorse Cup II, show jumping. I remember the NBC repeats of C&I and SVU..

Just saw AR is on same time as Oscars...watch AR tape hour of Oscars...wonder why CBS is leaving it there and not moving it to another night for a one time deal. They have done that with Big Bro and Survivor...seems they do not want it to "survive"

Went to store have milk-bread-popcorn-and other things so bring on the weather and may it be the last time till next winter!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Jackie..please delete one of those..ding dang darn!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be reading High Five by Janet Evanovich tonight. Finished Four to Score yesterday,

Anonymous said...

The previous post kind of a segway, but has anyone read "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger ? Excellent book.

I work third shift, so I have to tape a lot of shows, but Saturday night is a bust to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the above post is me,
~Susan from MA

Jackie S. said...

Got it delee - it was like deja vu all over again, eh?

Storm coming in here tonight - TAR and Oscars!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Susan from MA. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger is an excellent book.
Susan from FL

Anonymous said...

Jackie...since you changed the blog format I enter the word vert..sometimes it goes but usually have to redo with over with other letters....yesterday it froze so I redid and then poof 2 entries imao.

Sunrise was super red this AM..cannot wait for what it will bring later!!!! Sounds like northern Jersey will get hit...here wishy washy..will see!

Anonymous said...

Black O'Donnelly's not getting good reviews....they are calling it a hunk show..and that Kate Mulligrew should have a bigger role...

Anonymous said...

Jackie -- Have fun with the snow storm. It just left here a few hours ago and I think I have about a foot in my driveway & sidewalk. And me with no snow blower :(

I ended up watching Disney & Nickelodeon last night. The little one wasn't feeling good so I dealt with Sponge Bob :)