Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Wednesday, February 7, 2006

Tonight's one of those nights during which I like TV more than my bed. I always like TV more than my job even on the most boring of programming days, so that's not an apt comparison.

Oh, but, tonight...!

The 8 PM ET/PT hour doesn't hold a lot of competition for me as Bones on FOX wins the slot without a second thought. CBS is airing a Criminal Minds repeat while NBC has a new Friday Night Lights on. ABC is running with new episodes of George Lopez and The Knights of Prosperity. CW has a new Beauty and the Geek. I didn't realize how much I missed Bones until I saw the new episode last week, so I'm there. None of the others hold enough interest for me to bother recording them as I probably won't watch the tapes.

It's the 9 PM ET/PT time slot which throws me into a minor quandary. Oh, I'll handle it, Analog Gal that I am. I'll crank up both working VCRs (no, I don't have a DVR or Tivo). I'll "live watch" American Idol on FOX while taping the Lost recap special on ABC and Criminal Minds on CBS. NBC has a new Deal or No Deal (blech for me) and CW has a new One Tree Hill. I have to watch Criminal Minds as I saw the cliffhanger leading into it this past Sunday after the Superbowl. As for Lost, I have to watch anything Lost. I just must. Sometime after the fact, I'll post my review/recap on the American Idol show. That may be way late tonight because...

Lost (ABC) returns at 10 PM ET/PT! Woohoo! Even though I'm not as enamored with the series as I once was, it's a must-see on my calendar. In the hour, CBS has a new C.S.I.: NY which I may or may not tape dependent on mood. ABC has a new episode of Medium. It's a Lost win for me.

What wins in your TV time slots?

10 comments:

Sydney said...

Friday Night Lights !!! But this is repetitive of me. Jsut wanted to check in and say hi to the gang I know is checking in everyday, like me. Hoep you all are toasty. It returned to spring like weather here in Houston, after mostly 32 and 35 degrees. It will go abck into the low 50's over the weekend but I think their winter is working it's way out. Pretty cold, wet, dark and damp for last 2 months, who'da thunk it in Texas? But this is perfectly balms sounding to all of my fellow-commenter pals from the Midwest and East coast where I'm from.

Sydney said...

Bummer that Survovir will go up against Ugly Betty. Hate to say it, I think that UB will win out in ratings... let's hope that they are such divergent shows that only a few of their fans will cross over to liking both like me.

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - Here the big weather excitement is that it might get up to freezing by early next week. I like both Ugly Betty and Survivor, but the latter will win my vote. Besides the fact that I write about each episode, I honestly enjoy it more.

Anonymous said...

Jackie... the Criminal Minds tonight is a repeat of the one they had after the superbowl... then at 2:30 A.M. the continuation is aired. This doesn't make any sense, but that's what my Cable directory says??? Does your information indicate anything different? I sure don't want to miss the second part of this one, the first part was UNBELIEVABLE! I'm taping both just in case, but I am puzzled.

Jackie S. said...

Here in this area, the Criminal Minds repeat runs at 8 PM and the new second part of the 'to be continued' ep starts at 9 PM. I can't vouch for outside of the NYC area, though.

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing on tv tonight worth watching so I will be reading - Bubbles In Trouble by Sarah Strohmeyer.

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
My TV schedule and AOL's tv schedule to not show IDOL...you sure it is on???? HELP

Jackie S. said...

Delee - Are you looking at the 9 PM slot? It's not on at 8 tonight.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie... I'll keep watching thru to the next hour just to make sure the schedule isn't messed up... as I said, don't want to miss the second part... I'm in NC... so we'll see

Anonymous said...

Well,I was one satisfied girl last night. Now THAT was a tv viewers delight...no?

Watched "Beauty& Geeks" at 8,with peeks back at rerun of "Criminal Minds"(of course had watched it on Sunday). I am so steamed that ugly Cici made it to the finals. And the falling in "like" story of Nate and Jennylee was so cute.

Then had to watch "CM" at 9,but had to sneak over to the "Lost" recap show,as well. Now that(Lost) was good,having the creators there explaining some of the ins and outs. Wish I could have watched it all,but how exciting and good was "Criminal Minds"??? I have to thank all of you who recommended this show. I really,really like it.But a ?......would they not have checked Spencer out and found the tracks on his arm or would he not have said....ah,guys,he shot me up with something and I think I may need detox??? Now I am a baby when it comes to drug use,but can you get addicted that fast? And what was it....heroin?I have a feeling we will be dealing with Spencer on drugs next.

I thought "Lost" was worth the wait.Some things are now falling in place. I think TBTB have seen that we are not that patient to be strung along forever without some kind of answers.And you know,I was jumping back and forth trying to watch "Top Designer" on Bravo,so missed the part where the creepy guys(including Ethan) offered Juliette the job. Is that how she got to the island? Glad to see Sawyer and Kate off,and we all know they will be coming back for Jack.

Syd....glad weather is getting better for you. Here up by Cleveland,it has been so cold,daytime highs are 2 or 5 with winds in the 20-35 MPH range. At night it is 0 or below and no relief in sight any time soon. We are sure paying for December in a big way now.Sorry this is so long guys......I am going stir crazy with cabin fever.