Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ice, ice, baby... Happy Valentine's Day! Where I live, the blizzard itself never really showed, but we were pelted with ice and freezing rain in addition to a few inches of snow. So, it's treacherous out there. The roads all have a coating of ice and the NJ State Police reported over 1200 accidents today. That, of course, doesn't even take into consideration all of the cities and towns which have their own jurisdictions.

I am not going out there tonight. I'm staying in and plan to watch television. (Like I needed an excuse!) Whatever will I watch...?

In the 8 PM ET/PT hour, while the Jericho (CBS) episode is new, it's not really a new Jericho episode. It's one of those recap/catch up episodes. The actual new episodes start next week. NBC has a new episode of Friday Night Lights. I never understand why the show is on Wednesdays... just to confuse me, I guess. FOX is airing a new Bones (and that's my choice for the hour), while ABC has new George Lopez and Knights of Prosperity. I really wish they'd put Knights with something else. I don't care for George Lopez and won't sit through it to see Knights, a show I've liked the little I've seen of it. The CW has a new Beauty and the Geek scheduled.


At 9 PM ET/PT, I'll be glued to the American Idol show on FOX. They're cutting the field to 24 contestants and you know I have to watch! But if you're not an American Idol fan, not to worry -- there are some good shows on against it. Criminal Minds is new on CBS (I'll be taping it), Deal or No Deal is new and all Valentine's Day fluff on NBC (blech), ABC is repeating the um... winter season... premiere of Lost (last week's show), and CW has a new episode of One Tree Hill.


Then at 10 PM ET/PT, I'll be tuning in for the new Lost episode on ABC while taping the new C.S.I.: NY episode on CBS. NBC has a new Medium episode, not my cuppa tea, but I know folks seem to enjoy the show.


In the late night arena, I'm up for the continuation of Ventriloquist Week on The Late Show with David Letterman.


And, when I head off to work in the morning, all that ice better be gone. Work on it, New Jersey!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm up for watching American Idol. Then I will be reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. Yes, it is a Young Adult book but it cam highly recommended.

Anonymous said...

I like Medium. In fact, as we were checking the taping tonight (2 shows taping every hour!), I commented that it was my favorite. I like that 1. her power is just a given and 2. she makes mistakes.
THe way Ghost Whisperer is proving that she can see dead people every week in some dramatic yet unbelievable fashion drives me nuts. She can see the spirits clearly and sometimes all she says is "he loved you" and the living are in awe. You can't give something more verifiable than that?

I think Medium is kind of like Heroes -- Hiro and Peter have trouble keeping and controlling their powers. Fiction explores concepts and I think that is how extraordinary power would manifest.

Justene

Anonymous said...

Well,watched the finale of "Beauty& Geek",and thank God that skanky Cici did NOT win! Her partner even campaigned to the others to not vote for them. It was good to see her get just what she deserved. And she was NO beauty,outside or inside.

Watched "CM" at 9,and I'm still so concerned for Spencer. He's slipping away and none of them can see it! Jumped back and forth to AI,but didn't really get the feel for the top 24. What did everybody think about the choices???

I am so stinking lost about LOST!! So,do I get this right....Desmond got knocked back to the past when the hatch blew and then knocked back by the guy with the bat?? And all the things he's doing are because he can tell the future now and he's saving Charlie?? They had damn well solve those three ?? on next weeks show,cause I am about at my end with this!Skipped back and forth to "Top Designer" on Bravo...nobody there knocks my socks off.Bring back Project Runway and fast...before Heidi is knocked up again...lol.

WE have drifts up to the bottoms of our car windows in our drive. It blew and howled and snowed all night long. Tomorrow is going to be in the frigid cellar again and some schools have been closed for 6 days now. At least we never lost power and didn't get the freezing rain(hate that). It will never compare with '78 though,when I had a newborn in the house with me,no electric and my hubby was stuck in Cleveland at work and the National Guard would not let him on the road to home. Freak out time!! Stay warm and safe all!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, hi all. Our weather conditions are identical to yours, Jackie; but unfortunately, I had to venture out tonight because I work third shift(operator for military base)! Not good driving.
Lost was good tonight
Stay warm everyone,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I love LOST! It has gotten back to the freaky inexplicable story line and less of the blood and sex. I don't care that I don't really know what's real or not. I just enjoy the ride!
SSW

Anonymous said...

Has anyone watched "DIRT"?
SSW

Anonymous said...

((((Jackie))))
Loving this week's TV programming.
I didn't even mind the Jerico recap.

Sorry about your treacherous weather. Please be careful and do stay in when possible.

Can't wait to read your take on Survivor tonight. How did I ever watch TV without you? LOL

Stay safe!

Zoetawny~
xoxo