Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another NYC CBS2 News Change

Well, at least it doesn't look like he's being wished to the cornfield as was Roz Abrams and many others. However, meterologist Jeff Berardelli is leaving WCBS2 (NYC) to work for a CBS affiliate in Miami. He seems to be happy about the decision, saying how much he loves to dive and hike. And, of course, the hurricane area is exciting for a meterologist. But, I'll always think of him as the guy who lived his dream of working his chosen field in the city where he was raised. I'll think of the Staten Island boy who had his mom out in the yard measuring the snow and reporting via telephone on the depth.

Jeff will still be involved in the Tunnel to Towers run, so we'll see him then. Although I may be a bit ignorant about news markets, it would seem that the NYC location is a bit higher up the career ladder than Miami. On the other hand, in NYC he's always under the shadow of John Bolaris and the opportunity may offer him chances not available at Channel 2.

I enjoyed Jeff and will miss him here, but wish him the best.

In another NYC news related bit, Duke Castigliano is over at FOX 5 with sports these days. What comes around, goes around. If you're interested in the other WCBS2 news change stories, just hit the New York City TV link at the bottom of this post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of local newscasters....did you see that Audrey Puente is on Channel 9 (CW or whatever it is now) news now? I saw her the other night. She is pregnant too. I remember when she was on NBC news as the "backup" weather person. She and Maurice DuBrois went over to Ch. 2....CBS.

tbc

Jackie S. said...

Audrey certainly is pregnant. She was on FOX for a bit, then hit regular status on CW.

The other day on the early morning show (with Maurice) someone mentioned "Stump Duke." I think that's the first mention of the changes there since last spring.

Anonymous said...

I always liked Maurice, but I don't watch a whole lot of CBS news. what happened to Roz abrams anyway?

tbc

Jackie S. said...

Roz was wished to the cornfield. ;-)

The last I read, she was still on contract with them, but not on the air. Since it irked me to watch her, that's fine by me. I prefer Dana Tyler... although I think Sue Simmons on NBC should go to the cornfield with Roz.

Anonymous said...

Where is Shon Gables, she was the former CBS 2 Morning Anchor until Kate Sullivan was appointed...The last time I seen her on the air was as a guest co-host on "The View"

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about Jeff's departure from NYC...I've been nursing a crush on him for 4 years!

Anonymous said...

I watched Jeff Berardelli when he did the morning weather for the local CBS affiliate in Tampa before going to NYC in 2003. I watched him in NY on satelitte TV, and didnt know where he went from there. I hadnt seen him since he left NY until this weekend when I was vacationing in Ft Lauderdale and tuned in to find Jeff doing the weekend weather for CBS4 Miami.
It was a great surprise to see him again. I really miss his silliness in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

Is Audrey Puente pregnant now?
Feb 2009