Sunday, March 18, 2007

What's Happening With CourtTV These Days?

I'm lucky enough to get some press releases and such from the good folks at CourtTV. Although I don't think I've ever watched more than a few minutes of live trial happenings, CourtTV (or Animal Planet) is often where I hang out during phases of channel surfing.

One new show I won't catch while channel surfing because I'm now a Black Donnellys watcher is a new series which premieres tomorrow night -- 'Til Death Do Us Part. No no no, unlike the sitcom with the similar name, this one sounds very intriguing and promises to be extremely quirky. I mean, we're talking John Waters as the Groom Reaper. Yes, I'm talking John Waters of Hairspray, Pink Flamingos, and Serial Mom fame. He has a seriously twisted sense of humor and I'll be taping the back-to-back episodes which start at 10 PM ET/PT on Monday.

In other CourtTV news, I received a press release which says that CourtTV will be getting a new name, a new logo, and a new look. They'll be airing quarterly specials from The Smoking Gun, a site I've peeked in on a lot over the years. After all, they get the quickest and best dirt on reality show contestants. The re-branded network isn't slated to launch until January, 2008. I just hope they don't stop showing old COPS reruns. Yeah, call it guilty pleasure television.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AR will not be on here until 840pm at least :-(