Heroes is back! Yes! This show is consistently the most action-packed, can't take your eyes away for a moment, don't dare get distracted, hour on television I've ever encountered. And, mind you, I've encountered a heck of a lot of television in my time.
Here's the lowdown on the happenings of the evening not necessarily in the order in which they occurred:
- The Primatech Morphing Woman, Candace, tried to fool Mr. Bennet into thinking she's Claire, but to no avail.
- Bennet, Parkman (reading thoughts ex-cop), and Lionel Sprague (radioactive hands guy) are still being held prisoner at Primatech. Bennet's boss intends on killing them -- he was just waiting for the order to do so.
- Bennet uses his mind to communicate with Parkman who springs Sprague. All three escape from Primatech. Bennet wants to go to NYC where they can destroy the tracking system which tracks the heroes.
- Linderman and Nathan were in Las Vegas where Linderman revealed an Isaac painting of Nathan as President.
- Linderman wants Nathan to work with him to "save the world." He wants to heal it, and brings a dead plant to life to prove his point.
- Linderman believes the future, including the NYC explosion, needs to happen to save the world. After all, only .07% of the world's population would die and Nathan would be a hero bringing people together for a common goal.
- The explosion would be a catalyst for good. Peter would die the day after Nathan was elected.
- Back in Brooklyn, Peter Petrelli went to Suresh's apartment (where Suresh was stuck on the ceiling by Sylar in the last chapter).
- Sylar tried to cut Peter's head to steal his brain, but Peter healed too quickly. Then it became a powers struggle between Peter and Sylar.
- At one point Sylar gathered glass shards with his power, then shot them like shrapnel, one striking Peter's brain.
- But Peter sort of had the last hurrah when something he did rammed an object into Sylar, knocking him unconscious.
- Suresh fell from the ceiling, fussed about Peter being dead and brought him to his mother's house where Claire had been getting to know her grandmother. Grandmom had plans for Claire to go to Paris with her.
- She was crushed that Peter was dead, as was Nathan when he arrived. "You weren't supposed to die like this."
- Mrs. Petrelli told Nathan "we hide it" until after the election.
- Claire wanted to see Peter once again and removed a huge glass shard from the back of his head. Oh, no... he lives once again!
- Mrs. Petrelli told Peter and Nathan that she knew all about them and had earlier admitted her own powers to Claire.
- It's decided that Claire indeed will go to Paris with Mrs. Petrelli... maybe.
- Suresh met up with Bennet's boss in lieu of Bennet (he's "no longer with the company") and Bennet's boss wants him to work with him... for the purpose of good, of course. @@
- Back in Las Vegas, DL wants to take Micah and leave Jessica (no Nikki in the picture). He doesn't want Micah mixed up with Linderman.
- But Linderman wants Micah. When he told Jessica (it was just a courtesy, not really asking), she refused to give him Micah.
- So he sent a morphed-into-Jessica/Nikki Candace to fool Micah and took him. "Do you want to save the world today?"
- Sylar recovered and saw the list of heroes had gone missing with Peter and Suresh.
- But he found a slip of paper with Isaac's name and address.
- He went there, and found Isaac was expecting him. Isaac told him that he had already sent the information on how to kill him (Sylar) and he'd finally be a hero.
- Sylar absorbed Isaac's painting powers and set himself up at an easel.
- Then there was Hiro and Ando in the future, looking at a destroyed NYC.
- Ando mentioned he now had the sword and they could transport themselves back and change the future.
- They went to Isaac's future studio where they found a timeline of events with things like "save the cheerleader" and Nathan's election.
Learn more about the guy Linderman wants to put in office so bad...and you've been helping keep out (so far).
I can't wait until next week! How about you?