Saturday, April 14, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Saturday, April 14, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits It's April 14th. Do you know where your taxes are? Mine are already done, but it seems we actually have until the 17th this year for procrastination fans. Monday is a holiday in D.C. and the 15th is a Sunday, thus the change in deadline.

Here on the East Coast, we'll have a nice day, albeit a bit chilly. But a nor'easter will arrive a bit out of season tomorrow bringing us torrential rain, high winds, and perhaps even a bit of snow. I'm about ten miles inland and not directly near small rivers (closest one is two blocks away), and I live in an upper floor of an apartment building. I'll run errands which need running today and plan for one of those days that I look out the window from my cozy apartment and say, "looks nasty out there."

Here are the TV Newsy Bits of the day:
  • Celebrity Spider has a promotional peek at this week's Survivor 14: Fiji while Inside Pulse has an interview with castoff Lisi.
  • The Globe and Mail has an interesting interview with Jeff Probst.
  • An interview with the most recent castoff, Michelle, can be found here. A rather poorly-written transcription of her Early Show appearance is here.
  • American Idol reject Haley Scarnato doesn't want to be remembered just for her skimpy clothing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the Big Brother fever so I decided to see if I could find anything out there of interest. I ran into the Official Rules and thought this one was interesting..."You must be in excellent physical and mental health."

Now I don't know about you, but do you think ANYONE who's ever gone on that show was in excellent mental health? Wouldn't the fact that you volunteer to be away from your family, friends, & job for up to 100 days and live in a house with complete strangers while being watched 24/7 by millions of people on the internet prove that you're not in excellent mental health??

Just a thought...

Jackie S. said...

Heh, I think you're right. I've looked through that application other years and wondered how some made it through it all. Of course, I wasn't looking at the application because I wanted to go on the show!

About the only reality show I'd be interested in actually going on would be The Amazing Race and my knee rules that out. If the show existed 10 or 15 years ago, it would have been tempting.

But... locked in a house with weirdos and cameras? That's crazy!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Jackie...I'd have loved to race around the world with a buddy years back...at least every contestant gets to see a bit of the world, gets free tickets, etc. This year they seem to be making the competitions a little less scary, perhaps because of Myrna and Schmirna...no bungee jumping, hang gliding, or other terror inducing things. And this is supposedly the ALL STARS. I would have enjoyed seeing challenges that were more physically demanding. Can't wait for the "fake voice" ones to depart. It drives me crazy. It's like Americans who shout at the natives in their own countries and think that maybe they'll understand English if it's spoken louder.
Enjoy your Nor'easter Jackie with all your provisions inside and no reason to leave the house. I love cozy days like that too.

Sydney said...

Orkmommy -- excellent point! Jackie -- I could totally see you on TAR!