Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Welcome to the Sanjaya Universe... As If!

Sanjaya - Edited a Wee Bit Tonight I'll post East Coast Updates on the results of the voting on American Idol as it airs here in the NYC area. We all seem resigned that the Reign of Sanjaya Malakar will continue on for at least a few more weeks.

Just what is it that he's got? Well, he certainly has attention. He has the Fanjayas, the support of shock jock Howard Stern and Vote for the Worst. He's got rhythm. Oh, wait... he has no rhythm. I've seen him dance. Last night when Simon tried a different tactic and just said, "Incredible!" -- Sanjaya's comment to him was "Welcome to the Sanjaya Universe." Whoa, a bit cocky for a kid who was so shy and polite at his audition, huh?

I believe we've created a monster.

According to the AOL American Idol Poll, which called the Chris Sligh boot last week (as did I when I feared we'd lose him), Sanjaya is Number Two in the polls this week. What? Only Number Two? Oh, don't tell us that means he'll try harder (to annoy us) next week! Their latest is a bottom three of Phil, Gina, and LaKisha this week. Hmmm... I think that Haley is going to be in there. At least, she should be. Oh, d'oh! If Sanjaya is Number Two, then Haley's legs and cleavage probably are getting big voting numbers, too. Silly me! At least the Number One is spot on with my own tastes -- Melinda Doolittle.

AOL also has a rather tongue-in-cheek tribute to Sanjaya with their photo page Top Reasons We Love Sanjaya. You can tell they don't have me editing the photos!

Fan sites have sprung up all over the place and girls have gone wild. Some men, too, I would think. I'd say we live in scary times, but then I think back to Leif Garrett and "Greg Brady" singing as "Johnny Bravo" on The Brady Bunch. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Remember, the results show airs here tonight starting at 9 PM EDT. As they make vital announcements, I'll be posting them here on the blog and updating the entry as the show goes on. It's only a half-hour show, so the boot will be posted by 9:30 PM EDT. Who are your bottom three?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haley Sanjaya Phil
If it was not for Ryan saying how many votes they receive they should do like DWTS...10 calls per phone and 10 online. Only way some can not pull this crap. Just think how many votes by phone a person can do in 2 hours. Boggles the mind!

Watching ANTM-Xing Jordan-LOST
CM is a repeat again--taping Jericho and Top Design...will get my results from Jackie (TY), only flip during commercials to AI.

Anonymous said...

The reason I do not watch American Idol any longer - what Jackie said.

Anonymous said...

Delee - I totally agree with the 10 phone/10 online vote thing. There are programs out there that will auto-dial for you and that's how some of these people get the votes they get. AI wants the 30 million numbers, but those numbers are completely skewed!

Anonymous said...

I just checked the AOL poll and they have Sanjaya as #1...what twisted universe have I moved into?

Anonymous said...

We all are living in the universe known as Sanjaya. The spelling of his name should be changed to SUNjaya. I can't believe he made it through another week. It really is starting to go to the poor kids head. One of my friends compared it to William Hung...but the difference being, Sanjaya made the top 24....the big mistake on the judges part.

tbc