Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Prom Pants! - This Week on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' - May 14-18, 2007

Late Show with David Letterman Have you got your prom pants? After all, 'tis the season.

Um... if you're in school, that is. If you're not, then it's just a bit odd that you have prom pants. But, who am I to tell you how to live your life?

However, if you are in school, I see on the official show website, they're looking for interns! Gee, where was that opportunity back when I was in college? I would have loved to work with the writers! Okay, back when I was in school, Letterman was barely out of school himself, but that's beside the point. Too bad they don't allow "students of life" to take part in the internships. But, of course, they'd have to pay enough to live on. They do make it clear - "Please note once again that YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN COLLEGE to be eligible to participate in our program." Once again, I'll note it. Hey, wait... they didn't say "currently" enrolled, did they? It's a loophole!

Here's the guest list (along with a bit of my opinion on said guests) for the show this week:
  • Monday, May 14: Mike Meyers promoting Shrek the Third and America Ferrara of Ugly Betty. Eh. All in all, it doesn't sound like a bad show, but it ain't no Jack Hanna!
  • Tuesday, May 15: Don Rickles promoting his book Rickles' Book: A Memoir and Michael Imperioli of The Sopranos. The musical guest is Wilco (latest CD is Sky Blue Sky). Masi Oka (Hiro from Heroes) will do the Top Ten List. Well, Masi Oka is a must for me to watch, but I'm not so keen on Rickles. I find him a bit mean-spirited and way out of step with today's world.
  • Wednesday, May 16: Ricky Gervais, Mary Lynn Rajskub (24), Mavis Staples (CD is We'll Never Turn Back) and the Top Ten List with Bob Barker. It's Bob Barker's 50th TV Anniversary this week. Has television been around that long? Heh.
  • Thursday, May 17: Kid Scientists, Luke Wilson promoting The Wendell Baker Story, Rufus Wainwright (CD is Release the Stars) and a Top Ten List with Homer Simpson. Now, this sounds fun. I always get a kick out of the kids and the way Dave interacts with them. He's a nut! I wonder if I stand out in the street on 53rd, perhaps I can watch Homer Simpson arrive? Maybe get his autograph?
  • Friday, May 18: Teri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives), Jonah Hill (Knocked Up - although I don't think he himself is in that state) and musical guest Elvis Costello promoting not one, but two CDs - The Best of Elvis Costello: The First Ten Years and Rock and Roll Music. Elvis Costello usually puts on a good show. I love the new Lexus commercials featuring him. Beethoven's music has the same effect on him as it does on me. Alas, I don't listen to Beethoven in my Lexus, though.

So, there's your week of Pants!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

My husband and I watch Letterman almost everyday.....somehow we missed the show that explains the rocking chair lady. When Dave throws his blue card threw the "window" you hear the crash of glass and then "Hello rocking chair lady" Please explain - thanks

Jackie S. said...

It has to do with Rachael Ray. I found this link -
http://community.livejournal.com/rachael_ray_sux/1415693.html

Just don't ask me why they play "Wildfire."