Friday, May 18, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Friday, May 18, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits It felt odd not writing up the latest Survivor episode last night. Relaxing, yes. But odd indeed.

Despite the fact that many series have wrapped up and others are in the process of doing so, there are always TV-related Newsy Bits to be found on the Internet.

Here are some of the interesting articles I've come across while poking about:

  • Thanks to blog reader Sue, here's a great interview with Yau-Man Chan. He's likely to go down in the books as one of the most entertaining, most enjoyable, and smartest contestants ever on Survivor. There are also rumors that he may make a Top Ten appearance on Letterman, but I haven't heard anything concrete about that. Another interview with Yau-Man can be found on IGN.
  • Ousted American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle was interviewed by Fans of Reality TV.
  • Despite a commenter making the claim a few days ago that Jericho was picked up for another year, it's cancelled as I posted. More sources here and here. No, I didn't want to see it cancelled, but I researched before I posted the information.
  • TVGuide.com has an interesting article -- Backstage at Dancing With the Stars: Len Judges the Remaining Three Couples.
  • NBC is taking advantage of the Heroes addiction faced by many show fans. You can read all about spin-offs, schedule additions, you name it.
  • Speaking of Heroes, Masi Oka (my favorite Hiro!) was recently interviewed by the Seattle Times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

Have you seen any interviews with or comments from Simon re the ouster of Melinda?

Justene

Anonymous said...

Wondering about The Apprentice. I found this a few minutes ago Donald Trump to NBC: "You can't fire me, I quit". I have one word for Mr. Trump...WHATEVER!! @@

Anonymous said...

Seems to me when the network tells you they're not renewing your show, you're pretty much fired. Saying you quit after the fact is " assinine".

Anonymous said...

Jackie...tvsquad has a story up that the cbs prez says a Jericho closure will be created...no one knos if that is 2nd season..mini series..movie or a lame press conference