Monday, May 14, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, May 14, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Tonight's season finale of How I Met Your Mother has a touching real-life bit within it. The show is a must-see for a Brookyn (NYC) couple. Well, the man worked to get his fiancee-to-be a part as an extra on the show and planned to propose to her while in California. When he told the folks at the show his plans, they set it up so that the proposal would be a scene in the finale. Everyone on the staff knew about it, but the young woman didn't. It was a huge surprise for her.

It's a good thing she said yes to the proposal, eh?

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • Due to last night's finale, there's a cyber-ton of Survivor: Fiji links out there! Reality News Online interviewed Yau-Man Chan and Earl Cole. Oh, they also interviewed Cassandra, Boo, and Dreamz. They also have a transcript of the five castaways' appearance on The Early Show. Oh... and they also have a write-up of the reunion show!
  • If you're a Dancing With the Stars fan, please stop by the blog discussion post and chat with a great group!
  • We saw Survivor castaway Alex's nasty side a bit the other day, but did we forget about this news story I linked a while back?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed that story about Alex. While I was reading it, I found this interesting tidbit - 'The Apprentice' not part of NBC's 2007-08 lineup, future still uncertain. Interesting...

Anonymous said...

Oh ,PUHLEEZE,just let Trump go away!!!

During breaks of DWTS and after,I watched the end of King of Queens. I am so sorry to see them go but they had a great run. Even though I can't stand Jerry Stiller(I hate how he yells everything)and would mute him when he was on,I loved this show. I still love all the reruns. I know it never made it big like Friends and all,but it was a funny show and I will miss it. The ending was a good one!

Also caught the end of How I Met...and loved the scene in the fast food restaurant!NOW many we'll meet ...you Mother??????

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie, I can't wait for Big Brother to begin. You do your absolute best blogging on BB, and I'm psyched to get it started. A new cast and new producers should make for a better BB experience this season. ~M

Anonymous said...

Sharon -- I watched the last half of King of Queens and must say that I was sorely disappointed in the ending. It was almost like they said "let's just get it over with". I've watched the show in reruns and seen most seasons and really enjoy it. I'll miss it too.

Anonymous said...

Guess Trump was off by a couple of digits when he was slandering Rosie and in the process claiming his show was the number 1 show on TV. What the lying loser MEANT to say was 101!


The Apprentice: Los Angeles, the sixth installment of the Trump reality competition series, currently ranks 101st in the 2006-2007 season-to-date average total viewers ratings. It currently ranks behind numerous other NBC shows -- including other NBC programs: Heroes (17th), Law & Order: SVU (36th), ER (38th), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (67th), My Name is Earl (68th), and The Office (84th).

Anonymous said...

Now we can all call him a LOSER!!!!!!!