Monday, May 07, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, May 7, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy BitsAnother season of The Amazing Race has ended, Survivor 14: Fiji is down to one show and then the big finale and reunion night (Sunday, May 13 starting at 8 PM). But we're getting closer to Big Brother 8! That should be starting the first week of July.

Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman are still going strong, as is American Idol. And, but of course, tonight is How I Met Your Mother and Heroes night for me!

Here are the TV Newsy Bits for today:
  • If you're in the New York City area and, especially if you were around in the 1970s, tonight's 11 PM WCBS2 news (Channel 2) has an interview with Son of Sam killer David Berkowitz thirty years after the killing spree. I know it's a macabre thought, but I won't be able to not watch it. That was such a horrendous and plain old odd case.
  • BuddyTV has their interview with Eric and Danielle, winners of The Amazing Race 11: All Stars, online for your perusal.
  • Celebrity Spider has mild promotional spoilers (nothing big) for this week's Survivor 14: Fiji episode.
  • Heh. Celebrity Spider also reports that the host of Pimp My Ride has lost his license to drive. Hmmm... could he get a new show called Pimp My City Bus?
  • After sources said a few days ago that Lost will end after two more seasons, new sources are now saying three seasons.
  • TVGuide.com has an interview with Missy Peregrym, the actress who plays Candace (the "illusionist" Primatech Paper morphing woman) on Heroes.
  • This article casts doubt on the return of Jericho or The Class next fall, but I haven't seen any official announcements.

An added note: Some of the regular blog readers want to get a real-life meet-up arranged sometime over the summer. Most likely it would be in either New York City or perhaps Philadelphia. If you're a regular commenter here and want to get involved in the planning, send me an email (the contact info is in the sidebar). I'm putting together a mailing list to work on the details. Since this blog doesn't show email addresses, we're doing this off blog. If you want to get involved, yet don't want to use your regular email, send me an email telling me who you are in comments and I'll send you a free gmail invite.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

................................I just read on AOL Entertainment News that ABC announced today, plans to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, no repeats, from February to May,.ending in 2010. LOST, you may be losing me. I think after this season, I'll just wait for the DVD's. How can they possibly expect fans to hang around 8 months waiting for the next installment. This is definitely NOT a fan-friendly decision!

Anonymous said...

I lost interest in Lost (pun intended) a few seasons ago. I tried to watch but with all of the breaks I couldn't remember what happened. Then I would forget it was on because I hadn't seen it in weeks. I'm with you Joy, I'm gonna wait for the DVD's. I know the first two seasons are available, but I'll wait until I can get them all!

Sydney said...

Heros and Bachelor made for a no-talking except commercials TV night for us tonight! I tires to get into Lost the first season, but gave up abfter about 6 eps, the tried again the first 2 eps of the second season. Unlike Lost, Heroes gives me something to chew on (though it had a slow start in it's way) and throws so much plot movement at you each week instead of stretching it out that it makes you wish all the shows were that way.

Orkmommy, any way you could join us on this little East coast meet up?

Anonymous said...

There were always huge breaks between seasons for shows like The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica and Project Runway but people keep coming back. Why do people get upset with Lost? People don't like it if it runs Sept thru May with some repeats. They don't like it if it takes a long winter break to avoid repeats. Now they don't like it if it runs Jan thru May with no break and no repeats. What's a series to do?

Lili

Anonymous said...

I know that I go back to "Project Runway" each season because unlike some of the other "series",it has a beginning,middle and end. The thing I dislike the most about ongoing plots,is the need they feel to "recap" every single show and waste the time that could be spent on advancing the story. I also hate to be left "hanging" in these nighttime shows for months at a time. Unlike soaps,where the cliffhangers last from Friday to Monday,these go on for months and I,for one,lose some of my interest in them.AND then some of them don't return...and that just sucks!
Case in point.....Gilmore Girls,they kept stringing everyone along trying to get the stars to commit to another season,and now it's going to quit and there is no final resolution to the story. That bites after you have invested years in watching a show. Thanks,CW,for nuttin'!

Anonymous said...

Lost is one of those shows that you get "lost" in if you miss one episode. I like a show that you can catch back up on if you miss something. I'm really into Grey's Anatomy & ER. While those shows have ongoing storylines, you're not completely lost if you miss a night.

Project Runway isn't a show that you can compare to something like Lost or Sopranos. It's a reality show just like TAR or Survivor that runs for a while and ends.

Sydney -- Sorry, but the meetup is too far for me. I don't have much vacation time and what would I do with Super O. As much as I'd love to do it, unless it's more midwest I'm afraid it's out of the question for me.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if anyone's interested but Cash Cab with new shows is back on Discovery from 5pm-6pm EST, no, make that Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

Anonymous said...

Joy....I LOVE Cash Cab and was catching it at 11PM but then noticed it was on at 5PM here too!!! So much better than watching Dr. Phil and his same old,same old. I like Ben so much and am happy to see new episodes. What I wouldn't give to get into the CC! My brother lives in NYC and he'd never heard of the CC.It's fun and I loved the "celebrity" one they had on the other day,Harry Smith from The Early Show is one smart dude,as was Thomas Hayden Church! Watch it if you haven't!