Saturday, May 12, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits It's Saturday, the day before the Survivor 14: Fiji finale and reunion show! That will start at 8 PM EDT with the reunion show starting at 10 PM EDT.

Due to the length of the finale and the hour that everything wraps up (plus the fact I have to get up early for work on Monday morning), I'm thinking of doing a live-blogging report as the show airs here. Chances are I won't have time to snag, crop, and get images in the entry, but it would be up at a reasonable hour. Heck, live on East Coast time.

I still have a day to decide, eh?

In other TV Newsy Bits:

  • The most recent episode of Lost has fans buzzing about Jacob. In the scene at Jacob's abode, things went so quickly that it was hard to see if Jacob exists or not. But, the Lost Easter Eggs blog has some of the frames of Jacob.
  • Reality News Online has both a transcript of Stacy (recent Survivor boot) on The Early Show and an interview of their very own with her. In the interview, she gives us a different look at Alex, but really seems to admire Yau-Man. She said she doesn't think she deliberately tipped him off to use the Idol.
  • Reality TV World has an interview with LaKisha Jones, ousted this week on American Idol. She claims she knew on Tuesday that she would be voted off because she lost her voice. Now, I was a supporter of hers early on, but I think it was her time lost voice or not. I don't think she'll ever have to be a bank teller again and has a lot of doors open now.
  • Whoa! Spoilers are out and about regarding The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman. Check them out here and here, but only if you really want the spoilers. Eep. Someone has a big mouth!
  • In more Lost news, there will be a special next Thursday, May 17. "Lost: The Answers" will be hosted by the executive directors of the series and will explain some of the... well, the answers! Celebrity Spider has the skinny on it.

9 comments:

Sydney said...

Yes, last night I went to a wikipedia site that an Anon poster put on your Bachelor meet-up page and before I knew it, they revealed the ending --- in FULL. Seems it appeared on Page Six. The network must be fuming! But I'm really sorry I looked. Arrrrrrgh! Use Caution Bachelor Fans!!!

Anonymous said...

Tonight at 6pm(e) on E there will be a True Hollywood Story about "Dancing With the Stars"

dla said...

Hi everyone!

Well, I should have known better than to look at the Bachelor spoilers! :)

Not surprised by the information, but not necessarily thrilled, either.

Stacy's Survivor exit interview was interesting... Editing can make such a difference in our perception, but I still firmly believe that she was just plain nasty to Dreamz and Cassandra while they were at LUXURY CAMP. :)

It looks like movie night for me tonight...

Have a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow John Locke is getting to be a bigger liar and manipulater than Ben! I totally don't get the invisible Jacob thing but I'm guessing season 4 will focus on him. I think the "dirt" around the shack was so that Ben could check for footprints to see if Jacob came or went.

Anonymous said...

Sydney..dla... I looked too and now I'm sorry I did, but it was too tempting. Oh well... maybe it's a set up so we'll really be surprised.

Did anyone watch Traveler or Will Travler... not sure which it is. It looks very promising as fill in for the summer. Certainly got my attention.

Jackie S. said...

Now, I WARNED you guys it was a heavy spoiler! ;-) I didn't realize that the wiki told all or I would have removed or warned you about that comment. I try to be careful with such things.

As for Traveler... argh, I meant to watch it and then forgot it was on!

Anonymous said...

Meb...I enjoyed Traveler, I would imagine they will show the 1st one again as it was an "Advance Preview". 3 guys and clueless about one of em. Hope it pans out need something besides reality shows this summer.

Anonymous said...

I agree with delee Jackie, you can probably catch it again as it was a preview. It was a good and exciting opening and I definitely will continue to watch to see if it holds my interest.

delee and everybody, don't forget The Closer is coming back in June. It's another excellent show for the summer.

And then there's BB-8. YAY! Looking forward to that of course. It's what started it all for me on Jackie's blog.

Thanks Jackie.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Survivor and it's less than 3 hours away now! I am just wondering what is going to go down. I am leary with that promo of Earl saying..."who can I beat in the final two"...and I doubt he thinks that is Yau. I sure hope out favorite little guy can pull it off and take home the mil! I'd like another of us "older generation" to win for a change! Hurry up 8 o'clock!!