Tuesday, May 01, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits
Phew, rainy April is behind us and hopefully May will indeed bring flowers instead of showers!


But, no matter the weather, there's always something to watch on television. I think back to the days when I had four networks to choose from and wonder what I did with my time. Oh, I read a lot and there was no such thing as time spent online. The times have changed, though. I still read a lot... I think I exchanged sleep time. Uh-oh!

Here are the TV Newsy Bits I found while perusing that Big Bad Internet, as well as some personal TV Newsy Bits observations and thoughts:
  • Tonight is Bon Jovi night on American Idol. I'm psyched! Hey, I live in Jersey, what can I say? I'll be posting about tonight's show late this evening and would love to read your thoughts about how the contestants perform.
  • I'm still hooked on BET's showing of The Wire, now into season two. But, and it's a big BUT... they cut it down to an hour an episode. Now, when they aired the episodes at 90 minutes, they got in the content of the hour-long HBO shows which air without commercials. Yeah, there was a commercial overload with the BET first season, but now we're missing content. I've been going to the HBO The Wire website reading up on each episode in their recaps to see what I've missed. Grr. What's worse is that I've been reading ahead, too. Shame on me!
  • BuddyTV has an exclusive interview with Danny and Oswald, the most recently Philiminated team from The Amazing Race 11: All Stars. Oh, my... could Eric be gay? They seem to think so! Yikes! Not only is there a transcript, but there's also an MP3 file of the interview.
  • In ex-American Idol news, Constantine Maroulis has joined the cast of the soap The Bold and the Beautiful. (Which is he? Bold or beautiful?) And, as you may have heard already, Jessica Sierra has been arrested for assault and drug charges. Hmmm... isn't it about time for Corey Clarke to be in another publicity brouhaha?
  • Newsday (out of New York) has a thought-provoking article on race and the possible finalist scenario for American Idol 6. Will talent win out no matter the race of the contestant? After all, it is a singing contest. Right?
  • Inside Pulse has an interview with castoff Edgardo Rivera from Survivor 14: Fiji. Ah, Edgardo... we hardly got a chance to know you. Edgardo thought if he could get in the final three with Alex and either Mookie or Dreamz, he'd win hands-down. He also wants to apologize for some of the things he said about Cassandra. It's too bad that Edgardo didn't align with that group instead of the Four Horsemen. He would have made it a lot further in the game.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I don't live in Jersey and I'm excited about tonights AI show!! I just hope they all do Bon Jovi proud. Can't wait. Will post when you update.

-Excited in Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

Oh my, so far Lakisha and Phil have knocked it out of the park. They did a great job. Jordin had a rough night but she will be ok. Bon Jovi would be proud :)

Anonymous said...

Except for Jordin, who admitted she had a bad night, this is the best show of the season!! I LOVE that Blake brought the beatbox back and I don't care what Jon Bon Jovi said...I LOVED HIS VERSION OF THAT SONG!!

Kiki gave me goosebumps and I laughed outloud at Simon. Phil made me like him this week!

Jackie S. said...

I think Blake just knocked LaKisha and Phil out of that park. Amazing... the best ever from Blake!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I am a child of the late 80's/early 90's and Bon Jovi has a HUGE place in my memories. I thought I'd be extra critical tonight, but these kids are rockin' it for me dawg!

Anonymous said...

Jackie -- does Chris look constipated to you? :)

Jackie S. said...

Orkmommy - Maybe he sings nasally because he's constipated! But I see what you mean. I think his performance was the weakest of the night so far.

Anonymous said...

Amazing show....but who will go and it will be 2 of em. Blake made my night. He sure made it his own.

Anonymous said...

My favorites in order...

1. Blake
2. Phil
3. Kiki
4. Melinda
5. Jordin
6. Chris

This was the best show of the season and one of the best in all 6 seasons!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your order Orkmommy. If it was only this week Chris and Jordin would be gone. I will say it again "Blake Rocked"

dla said...

OK, you have me all excited out here on the West Coast!! I am really looking forward to tonight's show! I have been ready for one of those killer nights, and it sounds like we got it!

Anonymous said...

I loved Blake's version of that song! Was his hair darker? Phil was great. Chris, not so much. I didn't like Melinda's song. Lakisha was much better this week. But, my fave, Jordin was a bit disappointing tonight. She did start out bad, though I thought she improved very much as the song went on. I don't think she has to worry this week. At least I hope not. I do think Chris should be a little worried. I don't know why but I'm thinking Melinda may go too.

Sydney said...

Awwww -- I'm here watching Deadliest Catch and apparently I missed the most amazing show. I haven't been watching this season as I have in the past... but sounds like I should have tonight!

Anonymous said...

Joy -- I agree with you. I think Melinda may go. She has an amazing voice, but she sounds the exact same to me every week. It's so hard for me because I don't like Chris and I'm kinda over Melinda, but I'm sure she'll be safe...

Sydney -- How could you NOT be watching Idol? What's wrong with you woman???

Jackie S. said...

ORKMommy - My listing for tonight would be:
1. Blake
2. Melinda
3. LaKisha
4. Phil
5. Jordin
6. Chris

I'm glad the vote includes votes from last week. I'd like to see Jordin in the finals.

Anonymous said...

Sydney Sydney shame on you. Deadliest Catch is re run so many times and I tape it at 1 am and then watch it again on future broadcasts.