Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oh, such a dilemma! Well, tonight's not the big dilemma it has been on previous weeks, I'll admit.

At 8 PM ET/PT, there's this week's American Idol 6 with the top three contestants (Melinda, Blake, Jordin) singing three songs each. I'll be watching that, taking notes and photos, then getting an entry posted later on this evening.

Not into American Idol? There's more!

At 8 PM ET/PT, American Idol not withstanding, there is a repeat of Dancing With the Stars on ABC. The CW has a new Gilmore Girls. NBC has a new Dateline airing. The entire CBS prime-time block is taken by The 42nd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards.

9 PM ET/PT brings us a repeat Law and Order: Criminal Intent on CBS, a new House episode on FOX, the (new) Dancing With the Stars results show on ABC, a new Veronica Mars episode on CW, and a new Deadliest Catch on Discovery.

Then, at 10 PM ET/PT, there's a new episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit on NBC, a new Boston Legal on ABC, two new back-to-back Real World episodes on MTV, and The Shield on FX is new, too.

My personal line-up is American Idol, still undecided for the next hour, L&O: SVU at ten o'clock. I haven't been watching Dancing With the Stars, but many of the blog readers do. If you want to join in on the show discussion and (probably) get East Coast Spoiler information on tonight's boot, head to the comments area of the blog discussion post for the show during or after the show airs on the East Coast.

I also received some screeners from TBS (Tyler Perry's House of Payne) and TNT (The Closer)... so I have to watch them and report back to you in addition to my regular television addiction. Both shows will air this summer, but I'm anxious to check out the screener from The Closer! (Yay.)

What will you be watching tonight?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me tonight will be AI, DWTS and Boston Legal. I am getting a St. Elsewhere vibe from Boston Legal episodes. Anyone else?

Sydney said...

I was wrong in my last post -- Deadliest Catch is still going, last week was not the finale, but just teh end of one kind of crab hunting. So I'll be watching that tonight. Maybe this time I will finally record AI on Tivo to feel a little in the loop. Just have no time anymore to watch things if I DO record them.

Anonymous said...

Last week was the end of Red (King) Crab and this week starts Opilio crab. I am taping that at 1am.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe AI is almost over. If I were to decide on the final based on tonight, I'd have to go with Melinda & Blake. Jordin just didn't seem to be "on" tonight. I'm so over Melinda, but she did do a good job. Blake was AMAZING!! I think it was his best night all season!

Anonymous said...

Jordin wasn't at her best tonight and Melinda was very good, but I disagree with Simon that Melinda has been consistantly good. None of them have been consistantly good. I'm rooting for
jordin to do better next week.

Sydney said...

LOL delee -- It puts the biggest smile on my face that you watch Deadliest Catch too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I watch Deadliest Catch as well. Not your usual TV show, but I love it.

AI, DWTS AND BL were my picks for the night.

Anonymous said...

Well,I ditched most of AI tonight to watch the series finale of Gilmore Girls....sniff,sniff! So sad to see it go and it did kind of wrap up the show,but I want more....wah!

Anyway,what I did catch of AI,it did seem to me that Jordin was "off" tonight,but I still want her to win! I hated the song choices for her. And once again,the judges send their mixed messages. Every time they try and NOT sound like the original,they get blasted and when they DO try to copy,they get blasted for NOT being them. They can't win with these people!Blake was okay,I didn't think he was stellar.Melinda sings very,very well and I would not be disappointed if she won! But guys,I was not buying her as Tina or as sexy as that last number needed to be. A vocal technician without equal but she doesn't always get the essence of the song correct for me......JMO.

Anonymous said...

Deadliest Catch is mostly the same old over and over, BUT some how it drags (pun) you in. You start to know the crews and Captains, plus wonder about the size of pots and hope and pray for no disasters. I love Sig and Phil. Plus the wives, adds some drama. That is such a dangerous job so now I know why crab costs so much IMAO. Now I know when I order crab it is not really fresh since only hunted once a year. I could go on and on.

Sydney said...

Meb and Delee -- I'm in good company!