Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Wednesday, May 2, 2007


Yikes, can you tell it's May Sweeps? So many new episodes are on that it's going to keep me recording and watching all evening!


The two shows I must watch live are the American Idol 6 Results Show (which I'll live-blog major events including who's going home in an East Coast Update entry) and Lost (which I'll take photos and notes during, but won't post a full review/recap until early tomorrow evening - dang having to work for a living).

If you're West Coast or just want to talk about the events of tonight's American Idol on the East Coast, drop back tonight after 9 PM EDT. The show will feature a live Bon Jovi performance and two contestants are going home. We can have a little wingding right here on the blog to either celebrate or commiserate over the events!

Also on the TV schedule for the evening:
  • 8 PM ET/PT -- A new Jericho episode on CBS, new Thank God You're Here on NBC, new Bones on FOX, new episodes of According to Jim and Notes From the Underbelly on ABC, new America's Next Top Model on CW. I'd like to check out Notes as I get a kick out of Barry Sonnenfeld, but I don't care for According to Jim at all. I've lost touch with Jericho since its hiatus, so I'll probably watch Bones -- a show you don't have to watch weekly to understand the story. Maybe I'll tape Notes to check it out.
  • 9 PM ET/PT -- A new Criminal Minds episode on CBS, new Crossing Jordan on NBC, American Idol 6 hour-long results show on FOX, last week's Lost episode ("D.O.C.") on ABC, a new One Tree Hill on CW. You know what I'll be watching (AI), but what will I record for later viewing? Criminal Minds.
  • 10 PM ET/PT -- A new C.S.I.: NY episode on CBS, new Medium on NBC, and a new Lost on ABC. It's Lost for me hands-down for the live watch, C.S.I.: NY for the recording. If this is the Medium they were promoting, it boasts Jason Priestly this week.

What will you be watching and recording tonight?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots on tonight Jackie that I watch so here goes.

8 watch Jerico
9 watch AI tape Crim Minds
10 tape Medium
tape Lost
watch Crim Minds that I already taped. I'll fast forward thru CM since it's taped and then at
10:45 I'll start watching Lost and be in bed by 11:30...

Medium will have to wait until I get home after work tomorrow.

Well...you asked!!!

Anonymous said...

Here's my rundown

8pm - Nothing
9pm - Tape - AI and Criminal Minds
10pm - Tape - CSI: NY and Shear Genius on Bravo


I usually tape and watch other shows that I have already taped - catching up. My DVR is almost always at 80% full and if I miss a night I go to 98% which I hate!!!! I tape some during the day as well - Judge Judy, The View and Oprah plus at 2am the Game Show Network is reairing old Amazing Races - right now its the original AR with the ChaChas, Blake and Paige as well as Tara and Will. Leene

Sydney said...

One of th etwo of us is a big Jericho fan so we watch that, especially since Friday Night Lights is off the air... Jakcie, how can I sniff out insider news as to it's fate?

Then there's the Riches on FX and then Gene Simmons Family Jewels. I prefer to think of myself as somoen with BROAD tastes....lol

Thanks Leene for the info about the old TAR eps. I never watched before last season and my fiancee and I are really loving it, so I'm going to set the Tivo for it!

Would watch Shear Genius but I missed the first many eps so haven't gotten into it. But I know they repeat so often I could just tivo it and get most of them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie,

Isn't it about time for AI to go down to 30 minute results night? I seem to recall in the past that by the time they were down to the final 4, we only had to suffer while they strectched it to 30 minutes.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Love Shear Genius. Still don't know everyone's names, but that woman who went home last night annoyed me to no end!!

Anonymous said...

Sydney.....I'm so glad to hear someone else watches Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Iused to think he was scary, but while flipping channels last season, it caught my eye and I faithfully watch it every week now. It's hilarious! I love his sense of humor and his family's, too. instead of a wildman, he's really kind of a pussycat. LOVE that show!

Sydney said...

Joy - I used to work with Gene about 18 years ago-- managed a band that was on his label. He WAS a pussycat and a totally funny driver... like a 90 year old man. And though women hang all over him, I never saw him get near any of them. Maybe Shannon had her hands full in their early years, maybe not. Either way I was thinking how happy a family they are. Good to use humor int he house. If your kids are that well balanced, like each other AND their parents (as teens, no less) they are doing something REALLY RIGHT!

Orkmommy -- did you also watch top decorator? I think we may need to have Jackie open a chat room for us when Project Runway comes back on. Any takers?